Joining new company in 6th Year

dolphin24

Registered Users (C)
hello folks

I am currently working for one consulting firm and my Green Card labor is under processing(PD Nov 3rd 2004)
and my H1B expires in June/July 2006, Now my client wants me to become fulltime, As you know i have close to 8 months
left on my H1B, If i accept my client's offer how the things will work in-terms of GC processing and 7th year extension etc.,

Also if i give the PD reference date to my client will that work to file H1 extension ?

Any advices on this that would be really greatful,

thanks
DP

You can keep extending your H1 if you have any GC(labor/140/485) pending for more than a year ....

if you join the new employer you may have to restart your GC process ..unless you strike a deal with your consulting company to bring you on board as a future employer ..

choice is your

good luck

dolphin24 said:
hello folks

I am currently working for one consulting firm and my Green Card labor is under processing(PD Nov 3rd 2004)
and my H1B expires in June/July 2006, Now my client wants me to become fulltime, As you know i have close to 8 months
left on my H1B, If i accept my client's offer how the things will work in-terms of GC processing and 7th year extension etc.,

Also if i give the PD reference date to my client will that work to file H1 extension ?

Any advices on this that would be really greatful,

thanks
DP

Well if i go with the second option i.,e joining new company and start GC process again, What are the risks involved keeping 8 months left on my H1 ?

Hi DM,

I am in teh same boat.did you joined the other comp?.Please let me know what issues you had.

Kishore