JoeF....please answer

RAK67

Registered Users (C)
JoeF: I have followed your discussion and I agree with you on issues of job change after GC. I plan to stay with the company for a year. Honestly I would love to stay with the company but they are not standing by their promises that were made when I was hired.
You have said earlier that in EBI cases it does not matter if one stayed with the GC sponsoring employer after approval as long as the type of work was the same. Is there a published guideline on it? Can you kindly give me the give?
Also, in my EBI case, my company's immigration office did help me by giving a cover letter from the office stating points why I should be approved for GC and they mailed the application for me.
Does that law still apply to me? Am I considered a self-petitioned EBI - OR/ Prof. case?

I will be grateful for respnses from all.

Ok, So I think I better stick to this for a while for my peace of mind later. Thanks much. :)

JoeF said:
Having written documentation would be helpful, just in case.

Do you mean that I maintain a log of my discussions with company or how how else do I get wriiten documentation? Thanks a bunch for your help.

JoeF: I have not written documentation as everything was verbal and I was stupid enough to believe that all will happen as promised. I guess this is life. I do 1-year and see what happens after that. Thanks again.

RAK67 said:
JoeF: I have not written documentation as everything was verbal and I was stupid enough to believe that all will happen as promised. I guess this is life. I do 1-year and see what happens after that. Thanks again.

What kind of promise did they make? If it was related to salary, location or position you still can formally request the same by email to your boss/HR (providing reference of past verbal discussions). Once you receive email reply - that should be enough. Even though keeping paper-trails in any corporate matters is recommand (not just in this issue), but in many situations it's not possible/practical. However, if you dig, you may find some past evidence - like your offer letter, I-140 application form etc.

pralay said:
What kind of promise did they make? If it was related to salary, location or position you still can formally request the same by email to your boss/HR (providing reference of past verbal discussions). Once you receive email reply - that should be enough. Even though keeping paper-trails in any corporate matters is recommand (not just in this issue), but in many situations it's not possible/practical. However, if you dig, you may find some past evidence - like your offer letter, I-140 application form etc.

Pralay: I will dig up my email box and see what I come up with. Thanks for the advice.