1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. We are looking for volunteer moderators for the forums for various topics. If you are interested and feel that you have the experience for the same, please contact us with your name and topic of interest and your experience in the area in which you wish to volunteer. A moderator is required to visit the forum on a regular basis, control spam, report offending posters, provide recommendations for reorganizing the forums etc.
  3. US Immigration attorney, Rajiv S. Khanna hosts a free community conference call for US Immigration questions every other Thursday at 12:30 p.m, EST. You can post your questions in the conference call forum and dial into the call at (202)800-8394.

Job search while on B2?

Discussion in 'General B Visa and Related Issues' started by Vajram, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Vajram

Vajram New Member

Good Day,

I am on B2 right now and my I 94 is valid till Nov. I am interested in working in US. I am a qualified software engineer and have 5 years of experience in quality control. I am from India.

Can I search for jobs while I am here to find an employer who will sponsor my H1?

If yes, then will there be any problems for my H1 processing?

I have a 10 year B1/B2 visa and am visiting my sister currently.

I have been to US before in 2001 and 2002 on a B1. And in 2001 on a B2.

Thanks
  2. agrawal786

agrawal786 New Member

b1 to h1 visa

Hi ,
    I am also on B1 visa and my I94 will expires on 30th sep
    so can i covert to h1 by premium processing.
    Please mail me at taxguru@gmail.com
    Agrawal