Job Description ... Too detailed

John78696

Registered Users (C)
At the time of filing my labor, the attorney advised me to mention skills that I possess and which are rare to find in the job market. So that they do not get any responses to Job advertisement. And it is entered into the Job duties (section H11 of ETA Form 9089) of my labor certificate.

Now the probem is that no company uses these skills and also in the current occupation I do not use these skills/technologies/tools as times have changed and these technologies/tools have died.

The job description on my labor is too detailed and runs about 15 lines.

My question is how should I proceed when I am applying for AC21. I still will be joining new company as software engineer/developer.

Also, who should give the experience letter in the new company. Is it the HR or the Manager?

Last edited by a moderator:
To my understanding as long as you are in a similar position it is ok. It means that if you are a programmer, it doesn't matter which tools you use as long as you are still a programmer. You have to be in the same DOL's O*net code.

Check with ur new company's attorney

About the experience letter i would say.. you should get it from someone who has worked closely with you and if you are talking about the employment letter HR is better.

To my understanding as long as you are in a similar position it is ok. It means that if you are a programmer, it doesn't matter which tools you use as long as you are still a programmer. You have to be in the same DOL's O*net code.

Check with ur new company's attorney

About the experience letter i would say.. you should get it from someone who has worked closely with you and if you are talking about the employment letter HR is better.

I was of the opinion that the Job duties at the new position SHOULD be same or similar to the one on the Labor Certificate (section H11 of ETA Form 9089).
Is it TRUE???

The relevant language in the AC21 clause appears only to require "same or similar occupational classification." The key word in my mind is "classification." A strict interpretation would say this means same or similar job responsibilities. But a more reasonable interpretation allows for variations.

For example, if the SOC code for the job in the labor application matches or is similar to SOC code of the job you transition into, one could argue that the requirement of the law is satisfied. After all, SOC literally stands for "Standard Occupational Classification." So if SOC code matches, does it not mean that the two jobs are the same occupational classification?