Job change using EAD ....question...

mahesh999

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus I need your expert advice....

Recently I have changed my job from Consulting Company (which was "permanent" job) to governement job (which is 'temporary"). My I-485 is pending for more than 460 days (My ND is April 27th, 2002).

Looking at recent trend of approvals, I am not expecting my approval atleast until December of this year.

My questions are....
1. When do I need to inform BCIS about this change?
2. What problem (from BCIs) will I face because of my current "temporary" position.
3. If there are any problems...then what are possible solutions.

Thanks..
Mahesh.

1. AC21 regulation is not yet published, so you need not inform BCIS until you are questioned.

2.If your currnet job description is same as LC job description , then there is no problem

3. N/A (since there is no problem). But we never know when BCIS will change their mind and start creating problem for every applicant...............

A friend of mine switched to EAD with the same company that filed 485 while his wife was planning to go to India. 10 days after the first payrole with EAD, while his wife was entering, she was questioned, your husband started to use EAD, do you have AP to re-enter???

My guess:
When one works on EAD, BCIS would get the updates soon after the first payrole using EAD. If the Tax ID of the employer is different from the original 485 processing company, then the chances of an RFE on employement letter is for sure...
again this is my guess...

I'm puzzled by Edison's answer to Q2. Even if the job description is the same as LC, this new position is temporary. BCIS may ask you or your employer the necessity to give you GC. They may conclude a temporary permit (H-1B) is sufficient.

I believe you need a professional opinion.

My concern is that the second job is temperory. Wouldn't the adjudicator question why would he need a GC if the job is only temperory?

Thank you...

guju and c514468...

that's exactly what I am concerned about. Although the job say it is temporary, it's end date is in 2006. But I know the terminology in the appointment letter is the one that matters.

I was trying to get some ideas before I go and contact my lawyer (that's because the lawyer is my previous employers lawyer). Is there anyway that my previous employer could help me in this. I am in good terms with them.

Any ideas or experiences to get out of this would be helpful.

Thanks you guys for your valuable suggestions!!!

Mahesh.

Well as far as i believe that you have to have the job atleast for 1 years after you get a GC. Since your contract is till 2006, I guess it will be sufficient enough, but then again I am not saying you won't have any problems and should not be concerned.
I would ask a lawyer.

I'm kind of in the same boat

I am also planning to change my job from the consulting firm which is processing my GC to my client(as a permanent employee) using EAD. Do I need to inform about this job change to NSC(my 485 RD is 01/2002)? I have good terms with my current employer who can still continue my GC process...any advice is appreciated...

Thanks,
wrd