Job Change after EB1-EA approval

gc_eb1ea

Registered Users (C)
Need some advice from experts... Please see my signature for details.

In a nutshell, my I-140 (EB1-EA self petition) was approved in April 2007 and I filed for my I-485 in May 2007. Can I change job now? I am kind of certain that 180 day rule (AC21) does not apply for EB1-EA case, but still want to confirm once again. Please let me know. Thanks.

There is no string attached to employmenr for EB11 (EAs). If you got your EAD, you can do as you please and change job ;)

Actually, if you remember your EB1-EA application, you only claimed that you wanted to stay in (or come to) the US to work, and that's it!

Chris

There is no string attached to employmenr for EB11 (EAs). If you got your EAD, you can do as you please and change job ;)

Actually, if you remember your EB1-EA application, you only claimed that you wanted to stay in (or come to) the US to work, and that's it!

Chris

Thanks Chris. Actually I am planning to change job on H-1B, since I have almost 4 years left on H-1B. I heard its safer to maintain non-immigrant status until you receive the GC. So, even though I have an EAD, I am not using to switch jobs. My wife, however, is planning to use her EAD to work. So she will lose her H4 status...

What's your opinion on working on H-1B even though one has EAD? Also, if I travel outside US, I am planning to enter on H-1B only (and not AP). Will that be OK?

Thanks.

if i were you, i would with the approach you have just suggested, maintain your h1b. system is not reliable at all.

Maintianing legal status outside of a pending I-485 is alway wise (though not always possible). I agree with neel271 in that sense.

As for traveling, you don't need APD and you travel with your H1B. Actually, even if you were at the end of your H1B, you could renew it year after year as long as you are waiting for your green card... always better to do it!

Chris