Jim Jaxen Please reply to my Query

gime gc

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My H1 was approved 2 months back from TSC.But I have not received my approval notice yet.I called TSC and IIO told me that I will have to fill form I-824 to get a duplicate of my apporval notice.Please let me know whether I can fill it myself and request for a duplicate be sent to my address or my attorney has to do it ?.And please let me know how long does it take to get a duplicate once requested? I am planing to visit Inida and I need my approval notice asap.Please let me know how how can I get soon.I appreciate all u'r response.

Thanks,

U can file it yourself...

However INS responds better to a lawyer's query. Did your lawyer try a fax enquiry with the service center?

I-824 will have to be filed by the employer. It takes several months for the approval. May be best to have the lawyers speak with the Service Center and see if INS has caused the problem and could correct it without formal 824 filing.

Originally posted by gime gc
Hello,

My H1 was approved 2 months back from TSC.But I have not received my approval notice yet.I called TSC and IIO told me that I will have to fill form I-824 to get a duplicate of my apporval notice.Please let me know whether I can fill it myself and request for a duplicate be sent to my address or my attorney has to do it ?.And please let me know how long does it take to get a duplicate once requested? I am planing to visit Inida and I need my approval notice asap.Please let me know how how can I get soon.I appreciate all u'r response.

Thanks,

Actually this is what happened

My H1 ext was approved couple of months back.Approval notice once went back to INS since address of my attorney was apparently wrong.Automated message was saying that
"Approval notice returrned undeliverable on May 21st by post office".
I called INS again on june 20th and got the address corrected and officer told me that she will resend the approval notice to me.
When I checked the message again on same day it was changed to "This case is approved.On june 20th an approval notice was mailed to you.If it does not reach in 14 days pls contact ........."
I am wondering what went wrong here.message was telling that my notice was mailed on 20th itself the day I called to get address corrected.Is it possible that INS will send same day I called, cos it was a thursday and it was almost 3.30 when i called.Is it possible that my notice was never mailed to my attorney.
When I call again now one of the officers is saying that my attorney will have to file a I-824 since my approval notice was sent already twice to me and it is a favour done by INS for free.

Please reply guys.

Last edited by a moderator: