JayWalking should be disclosed for naturalization interview

arroyo

Registered Users (C)
Several years ago, I got a ticket for Jaywalking. paid about 130 something dollar. No court or arrest anything. Is Jay Walking needs to be disclosed for Naturalization interview. But it was several years ago and I already forgot what date, I cant even recall what month or year it was. Also I cant remember which court or something like that. It really a pain in the ***, who knows that several years later when you file naturalization application, you have to remember and prepare all those ticket info. USCIS should send every new immigrants (who just got green card) an instruction stating that everybody has to keep a file of their ticket info just in case several years later when you apply for citizenship, you need your ticket info.

I am having a big headache now.

Gurus, what do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is absurd to even think of disclosing a jaywalking ticket

Most people don't even disclose (I didn't) traffic violations where the fine was less than $500.00 and here you are getting a headache over a minor jaywalking ticket from many years ago :confused: I supppose if you are really so afraid then you must disclose and take all ticket, paid receipts and a letter from somebody in authority to state that you will never jaywalk again (catch the sarcasm)...

No, really?

Several years ago, I got a ticket for Jaywalking. paid about 130 something dollar. Is Jay Walking needs to be disclosed for Naturalization interview.
You were given a citation. Citations must be disclosed.
It really a pain in the ***, who knows that several years later when you file naturalization application
INA Naturalization section didn't change much during the last decade. The requirements were pretty much the same as they are now. The fact that you didn't make yourself aware of what you need (or most importantly what you do not need) to do is more like your fault.

The good news is that citation can hardly affect your N-400. You can disclose it on N-400 and then provide a written explanation. The other alternative is to say No on N-400 but disclose it during the interview. If IO asks you why you didn't put it on N-400, you can always come back with the explanation, that you were not sure if it was a citation at all. However, you feel like you'd better let the IO know about it. I pesonally would have taken this approach. It's not a recommendation, though.

Last edited by a moderator: