Jaxen ,need little help about AP..

Saumit

we are scheduled for a green card interview in september and we have a valid h1 and h4 stamping. My wife is going to india in july 2nd week & will be back befor interview ,will there be any problem if she travels on valid H4 without AP?..because when we enquired in local office where we are scheduled for interview,they told that once u apply for I-485 u have to have AP for travelling and also if we apply now AP processing takes 6 weeks itseems. Ur help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
1)Also i called 1-800-375-5283 , one of reps said its not necessary for AP if we have valid H1 & H4, but he said its better to have AP as it may cause some probs at POE while returning back..
2)when we enquired at LA local office, those guys say once applied for I-485 AOS our H1 & H4 is of no use and we must have AP to travel and he said confidently. He also said that we can go & come but they would cancel our I-485 application if we don\'t have AP and we\'ll hav to restart from scratch..ground zero..
3)Is it possible to get an AP in a week?
pls help..
thanks everybody

AP is not required

Read the link
http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/advisories/advisory.htm#paroleqa

Take a print out and ask your wife to use H4 to enter.

The local INS folks dont know anything. Remember family based adjustees have to use AP. If you show this link or talk to a supervisor then they will say yeah youare right.

However if you want, you can try to get AP at the local office. I wouldnt worry about this if the H visa is valid for another 6 months and your employer wont fire you before your wife comes back to US.
You can also apply for AP by mail (if local INS denies) and in case your wife is not allowed in at POE , she can return to US after AP approval , which you can mail it to her. That would be a very worsst case contingency plan. Personally I will not lose my sleep over this.

AP is not required

Read the link http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/advisories/advisory.htm#paroleqa Take a print out and ask your wife to use H4 to enter. The local INS folks dont know anything. Remember family based adjustees have to use AP. If you show this link or talk to a supervisor then they will say yeah youare right. However if you want, you can try to get AP at the local office. I wouldnt worry about this if the H visa is valid for another 6 months and your employer wont fire you before your wife comes back to US. You can also apply for AP by mail (if local INS denies) and in case your wife is not allowed in at POE , she can return to US after AP approval , which you can mail it to her. That would be a very worsst case contingency plan. Personally I will not lose my sleep over this.