• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

January 2015 Visa Bulletin released

I have a question .. what is dollars amount per adult person to proof the financial ability to live in the USA with no support from the government?

@Britsimon I live in the USA(here on H4) but will have my interview at the consulate in AF. Can i get my medicals done here in the US or do I have to do medical exam in my home country? I have read you have to do it in home country, but thats seems crazy as I live here. Thanks for your help!

@Britsimon I live in the USA(here on H4) but will have my interview at the consulate in AF. Can i get my medicals done here in the US or do I have to do medical exam in my home country? I have read you have to do it in home country, but thats seems crazy as I live here. Thanks for your help!

Hi @TTP,

I'm also living in the US with an H1-B visa and processing in my home country... Medical have to be done there, I called KCC and wrote and Email to my embassy and got the same answer...

Plan to arrive to you consulate city a 4-7 day earlier than the interview, make the appoinment with the doctor as soon as you got your 2nl and explain to him your situation...

Hi @TTP,

I'm also living in the US with an H1-B visa and processing in my home country... Medical have to be done there, I called KCC and wrote and Email to my embassy and got the same answer...

Plan to arrive to you consulate city a 4-7 day earlier than the interview, make the appoinment with the doctor as soon as you got your 2nl and explain to him your situation...

@cewalzer THANKS, that helps a lot.

AS you read, and Cewalzer confirmed, you have to use a panel physician that the embassy specify - local to them.

But why did you not do adjustment of status?

I would like to ask when can I expect to have an interview if my CN is EU20xxx ? Thank You!

Well EU cutoff is at 20500 so you might be below that (in which case you are already current) or you will be current next month. Your number needs to be current to have an interview but you will not be scheduled until your DS260 is processed - and there is a backlog of cases being processed. I expect the next batch (March interviews) will be for current cases with forms submitted before early September.

AS you read, and Cewalzer confirmed, you have to use a panel physician that the embassy specify - local to them.

But why did you not do adjustment of status?

@Britsimon I didn't think I would have enough time to get it done before Sept 30th as the field offices are quite slow at processing. I think I'll only become current in July. If AOS is done, are the dv lottery winners given priority over the other cases as to meet that Sept 30th deadline. Last i checked the field office in Houston is taking many months. Thanks again.

Well EU cutoff is at 20500 so you might be below that (in which case you are already current) or you will be current next month. Your number needs to be current to have an interview but you will not be scheduled until your DS260 is processed - and there is a backlog of cases being processed. I expect the next batch (March interviews) will be for current cases with forms submitted before early September.
Thank you. And who is going to inform me about the interview?

@Britsimon I didn't think I would have enough time to get it done before Sept 30th as the field offices are quite slow at processing. I think I'll only become current in July. If AOS is done, are the dv lottery winners given priority over the other cases as to meet that Sept 30th deadline. Last i checked the field office in Houston is taking many months. Thanks again.

OK that is reasonable although we had some cases current in September last year and they got through aos. It can be done.

Reactions: TTP
I would like to ask... if I am a living in the USA (on visa), do I need a police report from here when I got to my interview at the consulate abroad. I have lived here since the age of 17. Thanks

I would like to ask... if I am a living in the USA (on visa), do I need a police report from here when I got to my interview at the consulate abroad. I have lived here since the age of 17. Thanks

You do not need to supply a police report for the USA.