January 2002 Chennai CPers Forum

Thanjs AIM, Superman

I\'ll need the luck and best wishes, more for the marraige than CP, I guess :) Don\'t think reg marriage is a possibility now, but I\'m getting married a couple of days after reaching. Guess I\'ll just follow the suggestions, won;t harm anyways, right ?

Thanks again and all the best to you guys too.

What do you guys think about this?

cp_wait "IMPORTANT: DELHI CP INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE" 12/27/01 12:14pm

New10

I think Delhi Exp. was a Consulate Mistake.

I don\'t think EB-2 numbers are all gone all of a sudden. I think Delhi consulate requested lesser numbers from NVC or scheduled more Interviews.

Question with Paystubs

I don\'t receive copy of paystubs since I have direct deposit. Would a copy of Paystub from the web be sufficient for the CP interview required documents ?.

Thanks,
blue

arranging documents

How do we arrange the documents ?

original (doc 1)
copy (doc 1)
original (doc 2)
copy (doc 2)

or

two separate sets one for originals and the other for copies ?

No Title

Same here Bluegc. My company has done away with the regular way of issuing Pay checks about 3 1/2 years ago and now the only thing that can be called a Paystub is the print out I regularly take every biweekly from the website. I do have bank statements from the bank that show clearly the direct deposit transactions from my Company.

I am just carrying with me the Web printouts and bank statements.

I\'m for Jan24

at chennai!
Can all Jan24 guys send me an email- k2k1@yahoo.com ?

Worried about PCC, even though Consulate has given a written confirmation that PCC is not required. But when my lawyer followed up, they said "PCC not required as of today!". It doesn\'t guarantee if
they will ask in Jan.

Need a good hotel info, (75-100$ range). any chennai locals to help me in getting a good hotel ?

Will be out from SFO on Jan15

Yeah, looks like they screwed up....

Don\'t think it is a quota deal. Isn\'t that calculated end of Oct, or is that just for H1 ?.... I\'m a lil confused. Plus, there are folks from Chennai and Mumbai still having their GCs approved.... err... maybe they are EB1, but it is difficult to imagine they would run out of EB2s while EB3s are still available. Anyways, I guess we Jan guys are safe, unless the hypothesis that the dates will regress is true, and it regresses so drastically that our priority dates are no longer current....

Consulate counter/window in chennai ??

Folks,

Do we have a counter/window in the Chennai consulate for handing over applications/documents, getting things notarized, etc aka Mumbai and Delhi ? The only entrance I remember is the small jail door with mile long queques when I went for my H1 a long time back :)

No Title

Bluegc,
Notarization of web documents means nothing because the process of notarization does not mean that the notary is verifying the facts on a document being notarized to be valid. It simply means that the notary is just verifying that the signature of the person signing is the same as the person who is swearing to the facts on the document.

So I do not know how to deal with the web page pay stubs problem. I do not even know that it is a problem?

Any feedback from other CPers is very much appreciated.

Hari, You can just print your appointment date on the web and use it.

I got it with my P-4 at Indian address.

Vision COV, documents arrangement.

I have a original and two copies in each pouch of my file. Original in front and copies back of the each original.

New Rules.... are they true

Hi all,

I just received this ( see section below ) from my lawyers today and I have an interview on the 18th of January 2002. I was also told that this was issued by the state department and the consulates have not yet released any specific details on this. My lawyers are advising me to get this..just in case.

I do have my PCC from the Indian Consulate in SFO ( this must be the one from the regional passport office). Now I\'ll have to run around to get this..or do I have to ..?

Anyone knows anything about this..? Is this true ?

Please let me know if anyone on this forum has an interview on the 18th of Jan

jt001

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

FOR ALL IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS:
IMPORTANT NOTICE

1. As of January 1, 2002, ALL immigrant visa applicants over age 16 MUST present Indian Police Certificates. Two certificates must be obtained as follows: 1) a certificate from your local police station; 2) a certificate from your Regional Passport Office.

2. For security reasons, applicants are NOT permitted to carry sealed
envelopes into the Consulate, except for the medical report from the panel physician. When you appear for your interview, please remove all required documents from envelopes prior to entering the building. The Medical Report SHOULD REMAIN SEALED.

3. Please read carefully the requirements regarding evidence of financial support in the U.S. Please bring ALL required documents from the petitioner and (if required) the joint sponsor on your FIRST visit. AVOID THE EXPENSE AND INCONVENIENCE OF A SECOND TRIP TO THE CONSULATE. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE REGARDING SPONSORS\' MINIMUM INCOME REQUIREMENTS.

Can we get medical done in two days?

I have my interview on the 18th of Jan 2002. I\'m planning on arriving at Chennai on the 15th and have the 16th and 17th available for all the medical stuff. Is this enough?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pay stubs

Guys,
Since most of the companies now have switched to direct deposit for pay checks, How are you guys planning on taking the pay stubs? My company only provides an intranet based website from where we can take the pay stub printout. Do you guys see this being an issue?

Please post your thoughts!

Which consulate released this bulletin? Delhi or Mumbai???

Mine is on 18th. I had seen the exact above text in Delhi and Mumbai cper\'s forum. Are you sure that it was released by Chennai consulate? There are almost 20 confirmations so far from Chennai that Indian PCC is not required.
FYI - I didn\'t take any Indian PCC. It takes approx 2 months to get a PCC, I don\'t think Chennai will be suddenly throwing us in to a soup.
Worst of worst case, if Chennai asks so, it can be submitted after the consulate interview.

You can finish the medicals in a single day. Your plan has only 1 extra buffer day.

Having atleast couple of extra days will be good to handle scenario like flight delays, more tests at medicals.