Jan 2007 Visa bulletin

I think they are going to move EB3 ROW at a snails pace probably reaching the end of 2003 begining of 2004 around July 2008. Just my 2 cents

Just so you know, we also renewed EAD online and it was not approved even after 120 days. We had to take multiple infopasses and finally it is approved with a lag of one month from the previous EAD expiry date.

So, follow the link below and to get faster approval take the advice from veterans, attach all copies of immigration receipts and include money order and send an expressmail to physical TSC address and not the post box address. This will get you EAD or AP approved in 2 or maximum three weeks.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267289#18

You have to register at uscis.gov in order to e-file. Following link will provide you with all the instructions.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=9059d9808bcbd010VgnVCM100000d1f1d6a1RCRD

It is the easiest and the simplest way to submit your renewal application. You can contact me if you are stuck anywhere in the form. PM me and I will get your EAD e-filed in less than 10 minutes !! NO FEES :)

Just so you know, we also renewed EAD online and it was not approved even after 120 days. We had to take multiple infopasses and finally it is approved with a lag of one month from the previous EAD expiry date.

So, follow the link below and to get faster approval take the advice from veterans, attach all copies of immigration receipts and include money order and send an expressmail to physical TSC address and not the post box address. This will get you EAD or AP approved in 2 or maximum three weeks.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=267289#18

Thats odd - As I mentioned, I have been doing it for the last 3 years - never had an issue. Always got approved in < 3 months. Maybe they like me :) (thats why they want me to renew EAD's each year LOL)

If you have money/support/patience, do the same way like EB2 to EB3 . Apply new EB3 labor/140, once it approved apply 485 to recapture date from EB2.

Its only my guess, consult lawyer.

I wonder, how do they switch back to EB3 from EB2?

If you have money/support/patience, do the same way like EB2 to EB3 . Apply new EB3 labor/140, once it approved apply 485 to recapture date from EB2.

Its only my guess, consult lawyer.
As soon as the USCIS knew about this, USCIS started issuing interviews to deal this situations.:)
No kidding.

As soon as the USCIS knew about this, USCIS started issuing interviews to deal this situations.:)
No kidding.

Agreed - why move from EB2 to EB3 and retrogress the latter? Stick to where you are - more changes - more complications.

What diff does it make from EB3 or EB2? We have seen folks stuck in the hole from the last 6-7 years, no matter what category. Shifting boats multiple times just confuses the case and raise more questions. Just my belief.

Visa & Change in Policy

Here's a bit of good news regarding unlimited visa for nurses. Verify.Summary of Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 - S.2611

Title V – Backlog Reduction

Allows recapture of unused visa numbers and increases employment-based green cards from 140,000 to 450,000 per year from fiscal year 2007 to fiscal year 2016. The increase from the earlier bill version’s 290,000 (which was an increase from the current law’s 140,000) is to accommodate some of the undocumented workers who will now have to queue up behind the longer term residents (those over five years) as well as all persons currently awaiting employment based green cards either in the US or abroad). After FY 2016, the numbers will drop back down to 290,000 per year. A total cap of 650,000 is imposed on an annual basis. Visas for spouses and children shall not be counted against the numerical limits. Immediate relatives would no longer be counted against the 480,000 annual cap on family-based immigration. (Section 501).

The per country limits are raised from 7% to 10%. (Section 502).

The allocation of family-sponsored visas is shifted as follows (Section 503):
10% - F1 unmarried sons and daughters of citizens
50% - F-2 spouses, minor children and unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents (77% of these go to spouses and minor children of permanent residents)
10% - married sons and daughters of US citizens
30% - brothers and sisters of citizens

The allocation of 290,000 employment-based visas is shifted as follows (Section 503):
15% for EB-1 (was 28.6% but presumably many will now qualify in the new uncapped
category for certain advanced degree holders)
15% for EB-2
35% for EB-3
5% for investors (redesignated as EB-4)
30% for new EB-5 for other workers (old EB-3 unskilled workers).

Section 503 is amended to make clear that the 30% of employment-based green cards reserved for unskilled workers is to go first to people physically present in the US before January 4, 2004.

Section 503 is amended to remove the numerical limitation on green cards for all special immigrants and not just the first two small groups (returning lawful permanent residents and former US citizens returning to the US). This expanded group includes religious workers.

Section 504 is broadened to allow a widow or widower of US citizens married less than two years at the time of the citizen’s death to also seek permanent residency if the spouse can show by a preponderance of the evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith and not solely for the purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit. Current law requires one always be married for more than two years.
The immediate relative category is changed to let children of spouses and parents of US citizens to obtain legal status and travel to the US to be with their families.

Section 505 was added by amendment and exempts Schedule A occupations (nurses, physical therapists and Group II exceptional ability applicants) from employment-based green card caps until September 30, 2017. Spouses and children are included in the cap exemption.

New language has been added requiring an HHS report on the nursing shortage, the foreign nurse population in the US and the impact of nursing immigration on the supply of nurses in the countries the nurses are leaving.
Section 506 codifies the Widows and Orphans Act. The provisions of this section allow certain children and women outside the US who are at risk of harm and who are referred by US officials, international officials and certain non-governmental organizations to qualify as special immigrants.

This looks like failed Comprehensive Immigration Reforms bill.
So what is your point? Is President is going to sign this into Law?

I think CIR 2006 (S 2611) is totally dead. I don't understand what you want to communicate? Please guide us if you have any thing else.

Here's a bit of good news regarding unlimited visa for nurses. Verify.Summary of Comprehensive Immigration Reform Act of 2006 - S.2611

Title V – Backlog Reduction

Allows recapture of unused visa numbers and increases employment-based green cards from 140,000 to 450,000 per year from fiscal year 2007 to fiscal year 2016. The increase from the earlier bill version’s 290,000 (which was an increase from the current law’s 140,000) is to accommodate some of the undocumented workers who will now have to queue up behind the longer term residents (those over five years) as well as all persons currently awaiting employment based green cards either in the US or abroad). After FY 2016, the numbers will drop back down to 290,000 per year. A total cap of 650,000 is imposed on an annual basis. Visas for spouses and children shall not be counted against the numerical limits. Immediate relatives would no longer be counted against the 480,000 annual cap on family-based immigration. (Section 501).

The per country limits are raised from 7% to 10%. (Section 502).

The allocation of family-sponsored visas is shifted as follows (Section 503):
10% - F1 unmarried sons and daughters of citizens
50% - F-2 spouses, minor children and unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents (77% of these go to spouses and minor children of permanent residents)
10% - married sons and daughters of US citizens
30% - brothers and sisters of citizens

The allocation of 290,000 employment-based visas is shifted as follows (Section 503):
15% for EB-1 (was 28.6% but presumably many will now qualify in the new uncapped
category for certain advanced degree holders)
15% for EB-2
35% for EB-3
5% for investors (redesignated as EB-4)
30% for new EB-5 for other workers (old EB-3 unskilled workers).

Section 503 is amended to make clear that the 30% of employment-based green cards reserved for unskilled workers is to go first to people physically present in the US before January 4, 2004.

Section 503 is amended to remove the numerical limitation on green cards for all special immigrants and not just the first two small groups (returning lawful permanent residents and former US citizens returning to the US). This expanded group includes religious workers.

Section 504 is broadened to allow a widow or widower of US citizens married less than two years at the time of the citizen’s death to also seek permanent residency if the spouse can show by a preponderance of the evidence that the marriage was entered into in good faith and not solely for the purpose of obtaining an immigration benefit. Current law requires one always be married for more than two years.
The immediate relative category is changed to let children of spouses and parents of US citizens to obtain legal status and travel to the US to be with their families.

Section 505 was added by amendment and exempts Schedule A occupations (nurses, physical therapists and Group II exceptional ability applicants) from employment-based green card caps until September 30, 2017. Spouses and children are included in the cap exemption.

New language has been added requiring an HHS report on the nursing shortage, the foreign nurse population in the US and the impact of nursing immigration on the supply of nurses in the countries the nurses are leaving.
Section 506 codifies the Widows and Orphans Act. The provisions of this section allow certain children and women outside the US who are at risk of harm and who are referred by US officials, international officials and certain non-governmental organizations to qualify as special immigrants.

]Just so you know, we also renewed EAD online and it was not approved even after 120 days. We had to take multiple infopasses and finally it is approved with a lag of one month from the previous EAD expiry date.

The same thing happened for mine and my family's APs at TSC. They did not have the pics attached and I had to send that yet again by UPS..So the last time around, I did snail mail. I thought e-filing was easier, now I just want to be DONE. so I agree...

Yay for Snail Mail!

My daughter's AP finally got approved...filed on July 12 (e-filed)
I faxed TSC director (no use), another fax at TSC (not much use), made friends with a TSC rep...(great) got intouch with my Congressman George MIller's office..(fantastic).

We are to leave for India on Dec 26th...so now we'll wait with bated breath for the document.

the saga isn't quite over. It needed another miracle. And that one is that TSC has decided to expedite our APS (maybe including the one I filed last week perhaps?)...This was based on a fax my husband showed them from his father's doctor.

He met a very nice IO at SF INS office this morning. She asked for his telephone numbers too. And then followed up and called us on our cell phone to confirm that TSC is expediting the APS and overnight-ing them!
After a season of dryness, it doesn't just rain, it pours!