Jan-04 I140 approved

whereismycase

Registered Users (C)
My I-140 was finally approved on 09/09/2005. It had been a long wait... It was on hold for "Missing Original ETA-750". It took 20 months to get the approval, but all it matters is the approval :). I wish good for all who are waiting for their fate.

My case is similar, my subs I-140 RD 12-30-2003 (filed with a copy), waiting for original, Did you or your lawyer do anything to get the approval, or it just got approved ?

Well..
I asked lawyer to do 4-5 inquiries including AILA
Asked congressman to inquire twice
Asked HR to call emergency number 3-4 times
Called 800 lots of times..

not sure which one clicked.

Many congratulations whereismycase!

My case is quite similar to yours and would like to ask you a few quick Qs. I suppose that the original labor doc was not sent along with your 140 petition and that is what has cost you so long. Were you aware of the original beneficiary's file/petition info and did you mention it along with the docs when you submitted your 140 petition? Just wanted to confirm that, USCIS has taken such a long time to find the original doc, even with the needed pointers given from your side.

Can you please provide some inputs on this?

Thanks.

where_r_v,

I was not aware of original benificiery's file/petition. I guess when USCIS gets the papers they can easily note the original ETA is missing. The next step is to ask DOL to provide one. off course USCIS doesn't do it upfront, they wait on inquiries to come in. DOL takes its own time to provide original ETA... I guess then it is our luck how soon they can locate the original.

Thanks for your reply whereismycase.

I understood your situation and think mine is a bit different from yours that we knew where the original labor was when we filed my 140 petition with a copy of the labor. It is in the file of the 140 petition of the original beneficiary, pending with the AAO's office for an adjudication. I believe the attorney has mentioned all these info for easy transfer of the original doc(may be the original beneficiary's 140 petition#, etc) along with the revoking of the original 140, when he filed our petition. Any thoughts or inputs on my case, if you had come across similar experiences in the group of missing original ETA-750s?

Your inputs are much appreciated.