J1-Work&Travel, where can I get a DS-2019 form?

phil-bap

Hello !

I am a German student and am offered to work at a R&D company in Boston over the summer. But there are some issues I have to get overcome. Since I have already had a J1-"Traineeship" and lived for nearly a year in Boston, I probably would not get a second one. The company I would work for wants to pay me hourly and they cannot provide a Visa for me. So, I am on my own to get a Visa.
I have heard about the J1-"Work&Travel" Visa and I have done some research about it. Here in Germany, there are quite a few organization that provide a "work&travel"-program. Unfortunately, they take quite a big fee (around 600 $) and I am definitely not interested in paying that.
Those companies actually do nothing else but to get an appropriate DS-2019 form from their partners in the states.
So, I guess there must be a way to get that form directly from the states so that I would not have to pay that much.

Is there anyone out there who is familiar with that problem or who knows something that might bring me forward ?

I would be very happy about any kind of information !

Thanks,

Phil