J1 Waiving+DS 2019 Authentication

chasgrich

Registered Users (C)
I am in the process of getting documents authenticated to apply for a No Objection Statement from the Philippines for my wife. She was a J1 here and we got married during her stay, but when her Visa expired she had to leave. Now I am trying to get this 2 year rule waived through NOS from the Philippines. I have all my documents ready except for her original DS-2019 which I have been told needs to be authenticated. I have not figured out what needs to be done to authenticate this document. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated, because I really miss my wife. :(

I am in the process of getting documents authenticated to apply for a No Objection Statement from the Philippines for my wife. She was a J1 here and we got married during her stay, but when her Visa expired she had to leave. Now I am trying to get this 2 year rule waived through NOS from the Philippines. I have all my documents ready except for her original DS-2019 which I have been told needs to be authenticated. I have not figured out what needs to be done to authenticate this document. Any help anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated, because I really miss my wife. :(

Hi chasgrich! Bring the original and a photocopy of the DS 2019 to any notary public in your area (preferably your personal bank because they notarize for free). They will notarize the photocopy. Then bring the notarized DS 2019 to the county clerk to have the notary certified. Cost is around $5. Then bring it to the Secretary of State to have it authenticated. Can't remember how much it is for authentication but it is not much. Lastly, send the DS 2019 (in triplicate) to the Philippine Embassy so they can authenticate it. Cost is $25 per document (not per copy). It will take them 3 to 5 working days. Now you're ready to send it to CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) in Manila. CFO issues NOS for J1 visa holders. Hope this will help you. :)

Thank you so much. That info really helps me a lot and will save me at least $1000 and a long and pointless goose chase to Maine to have the original DS 2019 notarized. I really appreciate your help.

You are welcome! Let me know if you have any question. This is a long process by the way. But it is worth it! Keep me posted.

Hi chasgrich! Bring the original and a photocopy of the DS 2019 to any notary public in your area (preferably your personal bank because they notarize for free). They will notarize the photocopy. Then bring the notarized DS 2019 to the county clerk to have the notary certified. Cost is around $5. Then bring it to the Secretary of State to have it authenticated. Can't remember how much it is for authentication but it is not much. Lastly, send the DS 2019 (in triplicate) to the Philippine Embassy so they can authenticate it. Cost is $25 per document (not per copy). It will take them 3 to 5 working days. Now you're ready to send it to CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) in Manila. CFO issues NOS for J1 visa holders. Hope this will help you. :)

Is there no need to have all three photocopies notarized by the notary public? When the docs are mailed to the Phil Embassy - it's just the notarized/certified/authenticated photocopy + 2 photocopies of the notarized/certified/authenticated photocopy?

Is there no need to have all three photocopies notarized by the notary public? When the docs are mailed to the Phil Embassy - it's just the notarized/certified/authenticated photocopy + 2 photocopies of the notarized/certified/authenticated photocopy?
Send the notarized photocopy and 2 photocopies of the notarized document to Phil Embassy for authentication.