J1 to H1B (when I can file petition)

sauravguha

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends
Recently I have received my J1 waiver (NOC) and have also received H1B academic offer from other university. I would like to know the process and time lines for filing H1B. I have the following questions

1) I have my J1 with my current employer up to 30 th June, 2008. Though, I want to change my employer asap. When I can file my H1B as early as possible? is there any rule that I cant file my H1B before 6 month of my ending date of J1?

2) Can I join an employer and start working just after filing the H1 or I have to wait for the final H1b approval?

3) If I join my new employee with J1 again I have to go for waiver process. Is this waiver process will start from India again (getting NOC from India) or I can use my old NOC for a new waiver from DOS or USCIS ?

It will be highly appreciated if some one can help me out with these questions
Thanks in advance
Saurav

hi

hi saurav,
How are you doing?

actually, I want to apply for J1 waiver through NOC.
Would you please guide me regarding this?
Is it possible to talk over the phone?
garyphilly@gmail.com is my email

thank you,

regards,
gary

Dear Saurav,
Even i want to know about how to apply for J1 Waivers. I am a research scholar and i am subjected to home country return policy. Please give some suggestions about how to go about.
My e mail id id danand24@gmail.com
regards
Anandh

Dear Saurav,
Even i want to know about how to apply for J1 Waivers. I am a research scholar and i am subjected to home country return policy. Please give some suggestions about how to go about.
My e mail id id danand24@gmail.com
regards
Anandh

A research scholar should have no problem looking through this forum to get the answers. The answers are at your fingertips.

Saurabh:
To my understanding ans to ur questions are as follows:
1. You can immediately file ur H1;
2. You can start working after filing;
3. If you renew the J1 after the waiver, I believe you will remain subject to the waiver [having not used the old one]. (I will confirm and get back).
However, I would need ur suggestions and/or suggestion of anyone on the post for filing J waiver and to file for any other option to stay in lawful status just in case.
Thanks ..