J U L Y 2010 filers please post your Progress here!

7/26/2010 I-130/I-485 mailed to Chicago via Express mail
7/27/2010 Package signed for (as of USPS notification)
08/03/2010 Notification from USCIS (email/phone) that apps were received
08/05/2010 I-130/I-485 checks cashed
08/06/2010 Got mail notifications that apps were received.
08/16/2010 Got mail for Biometrics appointment (scheduled for 09/09/2010)
08/18/2010 Got email notification that RFE was sent out via mail....
08/21/2010 Got mail RFE: they want me to submit my current EAD, my tax return and W-2s.
08/22/2010 Sent out documents requested through RFE + I-765 renewal application.
08/23/2010 Walked in for Biometrics in Detroit, MI.

Walk-in works if you have a good reason (at least in Detroit). Otherwise, I don't think they would have let me do biometrics just to speed up the case.

Got my RFE for medical examination. Just wondering if i can do my biometrics before the schedule date.

Got my RFE for medical examination. Just wondering if i can do my biometrics before the schedule date.

You should definitely try but I would not say 100% that they will accept you. If you come up with a good reason why you cannot postpone the biometrics and you cannot make the scheduled date, then I think you should be ok.

Update to my status.

USC Sponsoring Mom (SF, California)
07/07/2010: I-130+I-485+I-765+I-131 Apps. mailed to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail
07/08/2010: App. packet rcvd by USCIS (per USPS tracking)
07/14/2010: Checks cashed
07/15/2010: USCIS Email+Text Msg: Receipt of all apps.
07/17/2010: I-797C NOA receipt notices rcvd. for all apps.
07/21/2010: Rcvd. I-797C NOA for Biometrics Appt for 8/16/10
08/16/2010: Biometrics Done at local USCIS App. Support Center
08/17/2010: Soft-touch to I-765 and I-485 (evidently in response to biometrics on 08/16)
08/25/2010: I-797C NOA for AOS Interview on 09/24/2010

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I applied for my GC (through marriage to USC) on June 19th 2010 and USCIS received the application package for the forms I130, I485 and I765 on June 28th 2010. I got all the required notifications within the first week of the application receipt. I also had my Biometric appointment on July 26th 2010. Until this date everything was moving as expected but once my biometric is done, neither I have recieved any interview letter yet nor anything is updated online. My last update date online shows July 15th 2010 which is before the biometric appointment date. I also called the customer service to find out what the matter is but I got the standard answer that the average application processing time for the form i-765 and i-130 is 3 months so I should inquire about it after end of September because that's when my 3 month is over.

The bottom line is that I haven't seen any update online nor I have received any notification so folks please let me know if there is anybody who is in the same situation. Any information regarding it would be really helpful.

Thanks you all in advance.

Hi June28
The next logical action on your application should have been a soft-touch
(online by USCIS) on your I-485 and I-765 applications in response to your biometrics appt. 1-3 business days after the biometrics. So it seems that's where your process is stalled.
I believe your best bet would be to wait out the 3 months and contact USCIS again then. Good luck !

June28

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum. I applied for my GC (through marriage to USC) on June 19th 2010 and USCIS received the application package for the forms I130, I485 and I765 on June 28th 2010. I got all the required notifications within the first week of the application receipt. I also had my Biometric appointment on July 26th 2010. Until this date everything was moving as expected but once my biometric is done, neither I have recieved any interview letter yet nor anything is updated online. My last update date online shows July 15th 2010 which is before the biometric appointment date. I also called the customer service to find out what the matter is but I got the standard answer that the average application processing time for the form i-765 and i-130 is 3 months so I should inquire about it after end of September because that's when my 3 month is over.

The bottom line is that I haven't seen any update online nor I have received any notification so folks please let me know if there is anybody who is in the same situation. Any information regarding it would be really helpful.

Thanks you all in advance.

Another update to my status.

USC Sponsoring Mom (SF, California)
07/07/2010: I-130+I-485+I-765+I-131 Apps. mailed to Chicago Lockbox via USPS Express Mail
07/08/2010: App. packet rcvd by USCIS (per USPS tracking)
07/14/2010: Checks cashed
07/15/2010: USCIS Email+Text Msg: Receipt of all apps.
07/17/2010: I-797C NOA receipt notices rcvd. for all apps.
07/21/2010: Rcvd. I-797C NOA for Biometrics Appt for 8/16/10
08/16/2010: Biometrics Done at local USCIS App. Support Center
08/17/2010: Soft-touch to I-765 and I-485 (evidently in response to biometrics on 08/16)
08/25/2010: I-797C NOA for AOS Interview on 09/24/2010
08/26/2010: EAD Card (I-765) ordered (email update from USCIS)

EAD not ordered..

hello mr_spock,

congratulations on ur steady progress!! it seems great!!

I am in similar boat..

I received an appointment letter for september like 11 days back
BUT I dont see any change in EAD.....no card production !! like yours..

is there something wrong?

regards,
mudita

mr_spock, which USCIS center is processing your application and which biometric center did you goto?

thank you

Does soft touch get postponed if there is RFE? I completed my biometrics on August 23rd (walked in, scheduled date was September 9th), but I haven't had any activity in my status since. I received RFE 2 days after receiving biometrics notice letter. I sent in my evidence in response to RFE on August 24th as well.

Thanks
Hi June28
The next logical action on your application should have been a soft-touch
(online by USCIS) on your I-485 and I-765 applications in response to your biometrics appt. 1-3 business days after the biometrics. So it seems that's where your process is stalled.
I believe your best bet would be to wait out the 3 months and contact USCIS again then. Good luck !

Hello Mudita
Good to know that you also have your interview letter.
Can you also share the timeline/details of your case on this forum
for the benefit of others and update it from time to time.

Thanks
mr_spock

hello mr_spock,

congratulations on ur steady progress!! it seems great!!

I am in similar boat..

I received an appointment letter for september like 11 days back
BUT I dont see any change in EAD.....no card production !! like yours..

is there something wrong?

regards,
mudita

Hi Tretik
I am not a legal expert but a lay-person customer like yourself perhaps. Soft-touch is a change made on the file by an immigration officer. It is not
automatic. So its entirely plausible that they did not do the soft-touch because they're waiting to examine what you sent in response to the RFE. Since
you sent it on Aug 24 its probably too early to see an update. Hopefully it'll happen within the next week or two.

Good luck !

Does soft touch get postponed if there is RFE? I completed my biometrics on August 23rd (walked in, scheduled date was September 9th), but I haven't had any activity in my status since. I received RFE 2 days after receiving biometrics notice letter. I sent in my evidence in response to RFE on August 24th as well.

Thanks

Thanks mr_spock.
I received an online update today regarding the request for evidence. The status now is "Request for Evidence Response Review"
So now the case is back in review.

Hi Tretik
I am not a legal expert but a lay-person customer like yourself perhaps. Soft-touch is a change made on the file by an immigration officer. It is not
automatic. So its entirely plausible that they did not do the soft-touch because they're waiting to examine what you sent in response to the RFE. Since
you sent it on Aug 24 its probably too early to see an update. Hopefully it'll happen within the next week or two.

Good luck !

Thanks for quick reply. I guess my bet is to wait until end of September. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Great job guys on your updates.
I did my biometrics today. I was scheduled for 09/14 but i went today 08/31 no question asked, bio was taken. The room was empty, employees were waiting for customers like a full service gas station. 10mins in and out.

I had done my biometerics done earlier no question asked (in Boston)
Time line:

DO: Boston
EB I-485 : Dec' 2005 (Derivative)

07/08/10 - Receipt Notices I485/I-130/I-765/I-131
07/14/10 - Letter of Biometrics scheduled on 07/27
07/19/10 - Biometrics done in BOS
Online status update but same message

Some more updates,

7/3 - got married
7/20 - mailed package via Fedex
7/21 - lockbox recieved it
7/27 - recieved emails and texts with receipt #s
7/27 - $1010 and $355 checks cleared
8/2 - 797s arrived in the mail, along with biometric appointment notice scheduled for 8/16
8/3 - walked into the biometrics office, did them early
9/1 - received letter for interview scheduled for 10/18

I've seen no useful updates online however. Just that its sitting at the acceptance level, and the last update dates are 8/4 for the 485 and 8/11 for the 130 and 765. Don't know what if anything they did on the 11th. I think those are soft touches, the last "written" update is July 27th.

We're getting nervous about the EAD, when he did his biometrics the lady said to expect it in 2 to 3 weeks, but I think she must have meant 2 to 3 months because everyone says it doesn't come that fast. He went back on his scheduled biometrics date just to ask and they said it should come 2 to 8 weeks after he did the biometrics. But I just don't see any info online so I don't know what if any progress the EAD is making. Should I see something about an EAD being ordered by the time our interview comes up? Or shortly after we get notice about the interview?

halp32

My interview is schedule for Oct 4th. However like you no updates in the online status after Finger print notice.
Also no movement in EAD and AP.

Some more updates,

7/3 - got married
7/20 - mailed package via Fedex
7/21 - lockbox recieved it
7/27 - recieved emails and texts with receipt #s
7/27 - $1010 and $355 checks cleared
8/2 - 797s arrived in the mail, along with biometric appointment notice scheduled for 8/16
8/3 - walked into the biometrics office, did them early
9/1 - received letter for interview scheduled for 10/18

I've seen no useful updates online however. Just that its sitting at the acceptance level, and the last update dates are 8/4 for the 485 and 8/11 for the 130 and 765. Don't know what if anything they did on the 11th. I think those are soft touches, the last "written" update is July 27th.

We're getting nervous about the EAD, when he did his biometrics the lady said to expect it in 2 to 3 weeks, but I think she must have meant 2 to 3 months because everyone says it doesn't come that fast. He went back on his scheduled biometrics date just to ask and they said it should come 2 to 8 weeks after he did the biometrics. But I just don't see any info online so I don't know what if any progress the EAD is making. Should I see something about an EAD being ordered by the time our interview comes up? Or shortly after we get notice about the interview?