J-1 Waiver/ skilllist

agrawals

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

I am on J-1 and applying for a waiver. Can anyone please tell me what is a skill list. At what point of the waiver process do we need it.

I had another query when you are applying for the case number their is a question-Did your exchange visitor program(s) include U.S. Government funds, funds from your own government or funds from an international
organization?

What exactly is the answer to this question. I am not getting paid from my home country goverment.

Any help and suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks to all

The skills list is a list of occupations published in the Federal Registrar that indicates the occupations that are needed in the exchange visitor’s home country. Therefore, if the exchange visitor possesses these skills, he/she will be subject to the two-year foreign residency requirement, since his/her country needs people with those skills. Your J-1 visa stamp in your passport should state whether or not you are subject to the 2-year home residency requirement. If you fall on the skills list one method to receive a waiver is to obtain a No-Objection Letter from your home country's Embassy in Washington D.C.

The answer to your second question is probably NO if you or your employer paid for your J-1 fees.

Thank you for you reply.

My DS-2019 clearly mentions that I am subjected to two-year foreign residency requirement. Whicch means I will have to obtain a NORI from my home country's Embassy in Washington D.C.

Thanks for your help.