It takes how long for rescheduling the GC card interview?

may2009tx

Registered Users (C)
This is a family-based GC application. Our original interview date was set on Aug 11th. For some unforseen reasons, I postphoned the interview by phone. The lady answer my phone said that a new interview date should be sooner than Sept 11th.

On Aug 10th, We received a letter from local USCIS office which said that our interview would be rescheduled. We waited until Sept 4th, still have not got any letters to tell us a new interview date. I worry about it.
Anyone here know how long it takes for rescheduling the GC card interview?

You were pushed back to the end of the Queue. So, you should not expect an interview appointment sooner than someone who filed for the GC on Aug 10th.

You may or may not get one before then, but you should not expect it. You missed your appointment, so other people should not have to be pushed back because you re-scheduled.

Just out of curiosity, why did you reschedule? I just like know what can be more important that going to your GC interview?

It is an unusual reason that I have no other choice but to postpone the interview.

My question is: Does anyone have the experices and know how long it takes for the new interview? Will it help if I hire a lawyer to push the case faster? I sent a letter to USCIS local office last Monday to request a new interview date. No answer till now.

I pray really hard that USCIS will not send me a denial letter.

I have already got AP and EAD before the interview. And I hold H-1b visa now. If unfortunately I lose my job, am I legal to stay in the USA given that I have EAD card? I do not really know what EAD card means.

Last edited by a moderator:
no need to panic really... i rescheduled my interview because i moved to another state. initially my interivew was scheduled for early Dec and got bumped onto early march, so dont expect any less than 3-4 months. Probably it could be sooner if it is in the same city.

Thanks for providing information here. This is the most positive one here. Not so many people have this kind of experience. So, I am really appreciate your reply.