It is so quite for July, Aug & Sept 2003 filers

chanderjoshi said:
hi!

My I-485 is pending since 07/09/2003 & My second ead will expire on 07/20/05 when should I apply for new EAD??????? I heard now we need to apply before 6 Month Is it True??????????????? Please Advise

thanks
I recently renewed my EAD, It took around 3 months for NSC to process it. You can wait a couple of months and then apply.

chanderjoshi said:
hi!

My I-485 is pending since 07/09/2003 & My second ead will expire on 07/20/05 when should I apply for new EAD??????? I heard now we need to apply before 6 Month Is it True??????????????? Please Advise

thanks

Apply around first week of April, that will give you 90 days window, and if its not approved after 90 days, get an iEAD.

Hi All,

I don't understand on what basis do the officers pick the files and process. Looks like they have bins from every year and they pick what ever file comes to their hands. It's becomes frustrating when people with later RD gets apporved and we have to wait for our's to come along.

Hope we have a way to track as to what's going on @ NSC.

Thanks
Chaks

3rd EAD/AP approved(for self)

I wish NSC puts same effort in to all pending I-485 cases.

2ndd EAD/AP approved(for spouse)

Those stupid farmers are not devolped mentally yet...look to the officers in CSC how they moved the process from more than 2 years to less than 8 months, I told you earlier they don't want to work hard and guess what! they can't work hard also, (NOT DEVELOPED MENTALLY YET).

visri5 said:
I wish NSC puts same effort in to all pending I-485 cases.

2ndd EAD/AP approved(for spouse)

EAD validity

One more setback:

http://www.murthy.com/news/n_nsccha.html

The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) reported on February 1, 2005 that they are no longer able to date employment authorization document (EAD) extensions as valid from the day after the expiration date of the prior EAD. From this point forward, the NSC will be issuing EADs that bear a start date that is the same as the approval date. These EADs will be valid for a period of 364 days, which is clearly set out on the EAD.
©MurthyDotCom
The NSC is characterizing this change as a trade-off. Historically, the start date of the EADs has been a manual process. The NSC now has an automated process that completes 5 times the number of cases per hour. Unfortunately, this automated process does not allow for a start date other than the date the EAD is approved.
©MurthyDotCom
Thus, people working based upon their EADs need to be very careful about filing for extensions well in advance of the expiration of the current EAD and must discontinue employment if the prior EAD expires and a current EAD extension request is still pending. Also, it is no longer feasible for a person to file the EAD renewal very early since the validity of the EAD then will be reduced to less than one year. So it creates a "Catch-22" situation for EAD applicants.
©MurthyDotCom
The NSC anticipates that its processing times for EAD applications may reduce to 75 days in the near future. They hope that this reduced processing time will help to address the problems now being faced by people awaiting EAD approvals. It is unclear when the NSC may begin issuing EADs for a period of longer than one year, as they are purportedly waiting for USCIS Headquarters to issue a directive on longer validity dates for EADs. The longer validity dates would certainly help alleviate this entire problem and would conserve substantial resources for both the USCIS and individuals having to pay regularly to renew EADs each year.

Received RFE e-mail

I received two identical e-mails that they have sent an RFE. As usual the e-mail gives no details, it is simply a copy of the text on the case status web-site.

visri5 said:
One more setback:

The Nebraska Service Center (NSC) reported on February 1, 2005 that they are no longer able to date employment authorization document (EAD) extensions as valid from the day after the expiration date of the prior EAD. From this point forward, the NSC will be issuing EADs that bear a start date that is the same as the approval date. These EADs will be valid for a period of 364 days, which is clearly set out on the EAD.
©MurthyDotCom
The NSC is characterizing this change as a trade-off. Historically, the start date of the EADs has been a manual process. The NSC now has an automated process that completes 5 times the number of cases per hour. Unfortunately, this automated process does not allow for a start date other than the date the EAD is approved.
©MurthyDotCom
Thus, people working based upon their EADs need to be very careful about filing for extensions well in advance of the expiration of the current EAD and must discontinue employment if the prior EAD expires and a current EAD extension request is still pending. Also, it is no longer feasible for a person to file the EAD renewal very early since the validity of the EAD then will be reduced to less than one year. So it creates a "Catch-22" situation for EAD applicants.
©MurthyDotCom
The NSC anticipates that its processing times for EAD applications may reduce to 75 days in the near future. They hope that this reduced processing time will help to address the problems now being faced by people awaiting EAD approvals. It is unclear when the NSC may begin issuing EADs for a period of longer than one year, as they are purportedly waiting for USCIS Headquarters to issue a directive on longer validity dates for EADs. The longer validity dates would certainly help alleviate this entire problem and would conserve substantial resources for both the USCIS and individuals having to pay regularly to renew EADs each year.

This is true in my case. My EAD1 is going to expire by 3/18/05, i did e-filed my EAD2 renewal on 1/10/05, got EAD2 approved on 2/11/05. Yesterday i have receievd my EAD2 card with effective start date from 2/11/05 ONLY not from the previous EAD1 expired date 3/18/05.
I don't understand why NSC only had this problem with EAD dates? I heard except NSC, all other SCs are issuing new EAD valid dates from date of expiration of the prior EADs.

I received emails for RFEs (both my wife and me) few minutes ago. I will update the nature of RFEs whenever I get the letters.

Anda
RD 06/27/03
PD 10/18/01

visri5 said:
One more setback:

©MurthyDotCom
©MurthyDotCom
©MurthyDotCom

The EAD issue is something that particularly sticks in my throat. Eduardo Aguirre, the Director of the USCIS proclaimed to Congress that multi-year EADs would soon be implemented. That was over a year ago. He used this as evidence of the agency's determination to reduce the backlog. Clearly the agency's management has failed, and this problem can be directly laid on the Director's doorstep.

Akash Sharma said:
I485sept03,

Can you please find % of approval with RD first week of August?

I keep track of 150 cases from one of the first days of August. Of those about a third has already been approved, but there's also a fair number of cases that haven't been touched at all. There's some activity almost every day - RFE's and approvals

lamonte said:
I keep track of 150 cases from one of the first days of August. Of those about a third has already been approved, but there's also a fair number of cases that haven't been touched at all. There's some activity almost every day - RFE's and approvals

I dont have the first week of August, but I have August 22 to 26

July (4 days sample only) ~31% approved. activities every day on all days.

August (5 days sample only ) ~27% approved. activities every day on all days.

Sept (4 days sample only ) ~13% approved. activities every day on some days.

Two days in July '03

July 1, 2003: 23.4% Approved: 124 numbers tracked, 29 Approved.
July 8, 2003: 8.3% Approved: 217 numbers tracked, 18 Approved.
---------------------------------------------------------------
For July 8th, 2003
25 RFEs sent
13 RFE responses received
5 Cases with RFEs approved

sep23-LIN 03274

I am tracking from 1-1000 for sep23 2003. There are 97 cases. so far 15 got approved.

Abid

I know I485sept03 has posted spreadsheet in the thread, but I am confused about macro and finding case. Can anyone please explain me how to find all I-485 cases on particular date and how to check status using macro?