Is visa stamping required?

rajusaforum

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

I had H1b stamped in my passport and traveled to US. After 6 months, I changed my employer and I have petition approved upto 2016 with new employer. I also have unexpired Visa stamped in my passport with my previous employer (till sep, 2014). I'm planning to visit India during June, 2014.

My questions are:
1) Do I have to go for stamping? or Can I use the prev. company valid visa?
2) If I can use prev. visa, what will happen if my prev company had withdrawn their petition?
3) Since I will have only 3 months validity, will Immigration officer ask any question on it? If so, how to answer?

Thank you friends if you share your experiences.

Raj :)

If you don't get a new visa stamp, your new I-94 validity might be limited to Sept 2014 when you return after your India visit.

An H1b visa once issued remains valid till the expiration date. An employer revlokijgn the petition only affects the authorization to work, not the visa stamp itself.

If you don't get a new visa stamp, your new I-94 validity might be limited to Sept 2014 when you return after your India visit.

An H1b visa once issued remains valid till the expiration date. An employer revlokijgn the petition only affects the authorization to work, not the visa stamp itself.

Thank you nkm-oct23 and lisaanderson for your information. They are really helpful :)