• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is This Picture Ok ?

size wise it seems OK as it is 600X600, however the background is not totally neutral.

Not neutral? Are you looking at another pic than I am? No, it's not perfectly white, but neutral doesn't necessarily mean white. The requirement is that it should be lightly colored, which it is. The composition seems fine as well.

It's fine. The initial picture of your online entry is used for reference purposes only. If you get selected you need to submit new pictures.

good luck.

Dude, we already said it's fine. Besides, why would you stress about the picture at this point in the process anyway? It would have made more sense to be asking all these questions three months ago....

If you think about it logically, do you really think KCC staff will take a ruler and a magnifier to check seven million pictures? No. They may not even be checked composition wise at all until the embassy receives it. I'm 100% sure the embassy will recognize you from the picture if it's up to date. Yes, despite it being tilted to the right like, 1 degree.

Hehe, go easy on him E59th :) I was thinking the same, but I think there's a lot of anxiety about the pictures as some of the guidelines (the website vs pdfs) contradict eachother.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right! The point of my message was to reassure him that everything is fine. So don't worry, mmmnnnn!

Hi,

I am applying for DV2011.
I got " success" for the application on the web, however I wonder if the picture is not correct, I could get " success" fot the application on the web???

I check the size and another thing. I took at my home, and I used my white wall of my room for the backgrand.

I just wonder "success" means that I am available for DV2011???

For now ,all you have to do is keep your fingers crossed till you are selected and receive your 1st NL.If the pic is 600 x 600 pixel with plain background you will be fine.

I am applying for DV2011.
I got " success" for the application on the web, however I wonder if the picture is not correct, I could get " success" fot the application on the web???

I check the size and another thing. I took at my home, and I used my white wall of my room for the backgrand.

I just wonder "success" means that I am available for DV2011???[/QUOTE]

I also having the same problem. I am a winner of DV2010 and I also took my photos at home.

I also want to know whether they check the digital photo at the interview.

Or will they proceed with the paper photos sent with the DS230 form although digital photos are not upto the standard

Found the answer for my question - For all of your information

I wrote to the consular in my country and asked about the digital photo submitted through online entry.
There is no problem - See his reply below

"Since you are a winner of the lottery program, the photo you submitted with your online registration form should not cause any problems to your visa process now."