• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is this Pic OK for DV Entry?

Hi, Im not sure about the background because I see some bumps from the wall and I dont know if that's considered "patterned background." I also see some shadow on your left side, it's shadow from your hair.

Unfortunately, they are very strict with their picture requirements. I had the same problem. I tried in many rooms, different angles but I always got a shadow. You can either put a bright light behind you or 2 lights in front of you on your sides like professional photographers do. I gave up and ended up going to a professional photographer, even they make mistakes.

personally I think the background is ok, it is a uniformed colour (no pattern) and I do not see a shadow. I however think you should put your hair behind you instead of on your shoulder, probably try a ponytail so that your entire face and neck are visible without distraction from the hair. I would suggest smoothing down your hair as well since this may affect your head measurements (top of hair to bottom of chin).

It's a combination of the flash, the camera settings and the actual background used. Most professional photo studios (but certainly not all) are able to take this kind of picture.