Is this normal interview letter?

Feb2002Case

Registered Users (C)
I received a letter from UCICS (INS) asking me to come to local office (Newark) for some official matter and bring sertain documents for 485.

Is this how interview letter normally look like or I am called just to verify something and then the case will go back to Vermont? Please advise.

My online status has not changed even though it is almost one month since I received this letter.

Has anybody gone thru the same kind of letter?

Guys,

Why does not anybody like to reply to my threads?

Is this not a valid question or is it in wrong forum?

I had another question posted a month back related to same thing that generated 100's of views but 0 reply :confused:

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Feb2002Case said:
Guys,

I had another question posted a month back related to same thing that generated 100's of views but 0 reply :confused:

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe because there is nothing to reply to. What matter and what documents??????????????????

Let us know when you come back.

Did you received RFE before?
Whats are all the douments they have asked for in the Interview letter.

Feb2002Case said:
Guys,

Just curious.

Thanks in advance.
Some time you will not get answer. It happens with everyone. People share the information certainly if they have any.
You need to write certain details. What is RD and ND? What is status of you case. Like is it transferred to the local office? If this letter is without transfer then it is weird?
Did you file for EAD online recently? Give some more details.

RD 02/15/2002 ND 03/12/2002

I don't know if its transferred to local office or not as online status did not change.

I did not file for EAD online.

Letter reads like this.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter.

Office location New ark office address (970 broad etc.)
Date and time XXXXXX
Reason for appointment Application for adjustment of status

This interviw will be videptaped.

Please bring all items that are checked(X) to the interview.

This Letter, your passport, your I-94 (arrival / departure form) , if any
Medical exam results. Appear even if not completed.

A current letter of employement for you and / or yur spouse showing rate of pay and hours per week.

Affidavit of support (if not already submitted).

All original document that support the petition like birth cert, marriage / divorce etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feb2002Case said:

I don't know if its transferred to local office or not as online status did not change.

Letter reads like this.
"Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter.

Date and time XXXXXX

A current letter of employement for you and / or yur spouse showing rate of pay and hours per week.

All original document that support the petition like birth cert, marriage / divorce etc.

Sound like a serious matter to me (the video taping part). This is NOT normal. You better talk to a lawyer and take him to the interview.

Recently lot of people getting video tape thing on the interview letter. One of my friend also got it last week. It might be new policy. He has similar interview letter. All the best. You will get stamping on the interview day if security clearance is already done.

Don't worry. Nothing is serious. Even video taping part. This is usually letter from local office if your case transferred. Let me tell you my experience.

My case was transfer to local office. When they schedule an interview they will send this kind of letter. My letter was same as yours. They ask you to bring everything(all the documents) and in that letter they say that interview MAY be video taped. So don't worry. Take all your documents which are specified in the letter. Also keep the other documents whic are not mentioned. Like your educations certificates, experience letters....

After the interview the officer may stamp your passport if he/she has the visa number/security check is done. That means your green card is approved. Let me know if you need additional info.

reddmark said:
Don't worry. Nothing is serious. Even video taping part. This is usually letter from local office if your case transferred. Let me tell you my experience.

My case was transfer to local office. When they schedule an interview they will send this kind of letter. My letter was same as yours. They ask you to bring everything(all the documents) and in that letter they say that interview MAY be video taped. So don't worry. Take all your documents which are specified in the letter. Also keep the other documents whic are not mentioned. Like your educations certificates, experience letters....

After the interview the officer may stamp your passport if he/she has the visa number/security check is done. That means your green card is approved. Let me know if you need additional info.

Thanks a lot. I was very tensed and now I am relieved. Is it possible for you to mention exactly what other documents I need to carry? Anything I should prepare? Whats your experiance like questions asked etc.?

Thanks again.

looks like all febs are getting this

I spoke to an officer today.

Told me my case is transferred to local office.

Good luck and congratulations.

Most probably you will be approved on that day. My case was transfer to the local office. Received same type of latter. Be relax and confident. That’s the key.

Check your passport.
1.When you last came to USA, which port.
2.Where you travel in last 5 years and for how long.

If possible check those documents which you have send for your I-485. Check what ever you mentioned in your I-485

Normally they don’t ask any thing except when you last came and from which port. May be ask for your job.
Initially they will take oath and then ask certain questions like involvement with some drugs, doing anything against America…… I don’t remember any of those questions except that I was saying NO to all of them :)

After that they will ask other questions like the ones I mentioned above.
Be relax and confident these interviews are generally the easiest interview you ever had.
Even if they start asking questions they will be touching some things and move forward so its good if you know what your passport say and what ever you mentioned in your application.
This is done every where with every one I think.

For documents.

It’s a good idea to take original and one photocopy.
She asked me for my pay stub or tax document. I told her t
"
hat I had photocopies and she even didn’t bother to check my originals. She only took copies and attached with my file.

If they asked for medical then go to same doctor and asked them for the copy. Normally they keep one copy.

1. take 3 years of Tax return.
2. last 3 paystub
3. bank statement
4. if married – marriage certificate
5. kids birth certificate if any
6. passport
7. I-94s
8. your birth certificate
9. educational certificate
10. latter from your employer – if asked or if you can get one

I can’t recall any thing else but I hope you will get an idea about documents and don’t forget to take photocopies.
Try to be on time and turn off your cell.

They will take your finger print on a blank form. If there is any change in address than give that too.
If there is any change in status like married or kids or anything. Than keep documents for that too.

Hope this will help.
Best of luck.

Feb2002Case said:

Letter reads like this.

Date and time XXXXXX

This is normal a friend of mine got the same letter.

Good Luck

Thanks b2004 for thhe time you spent to put all details in your reply. I will make sure I have all the documents listed and will follow your suggestions.

I appreciate everybody'd inputs and hopefully will come back with my ppt stamped on Friday.

I hope both of you get approved.

Best of luck.

-----------------------------------------------
RD: 02/10/02
pp: 02/2004
Card: ?
transfer to local office

regarding the letter where it says it will be video taped, don't worry abouth that my friend got same letter for transfer but there was no video tape, in fact she only asked for the copies of w2 ( 3yrs) pay stubs , oath , and asked mothers name ,fathers etc last port of entry and copies of passport

relax, everything will go fine!!!!! congratulationssss

485-interview question

hi
could u any body can expalin these documents

1)federal tax returns.w-2s, currenet employement letter and most recent paycheckstub of the applicant.
a sponser/ joint sponser who qualifies under section 213 of the INA using affidavit of support, form i-864 or i-864a, must also submit federa tax returns for 3 years, current eployemnet letter, proof of citizenship.
if the federal taxreturns for the past 3years have been previously provided duplicates not required.

a)here who is actual sponser/ joint sponser
b)what is i-864 form and i-864A form. and what for those forms and
is it applicant 864 form or employers 864 form.
c)what is 213 section

thanks
kris

Approved and stamped after the interview at Newark today.

Thanks everybody for their support and suggestions.

RD 02/15/02
ND 03/12/02
Approval 08/13/04