Is there any way to track an I-89?

CyrusD

Registered Users (C)
...or, is there any way we could track our physical green card progress either online or via AVM, after we have gotten stamped and our I-89 records created?

I am not sure if our I-485 receipt numbers will help beyond the approval notice, or will they?

I guess what i am fishing for is, how do we find out at what stage of gestation our green cards are at? I called the CIS customer service number, and a clueless southern bimbo just read out the current online approval message to me. didn't know what an I-89 was, or absolutely anything else.

<rhetorical>what good is it having a customer service department comprised entirely of village idiots?</rhetorical>

go to USCIS web site to check case status online at

www.uscis.gov

and use your I-485 no. to check your status. It will tell you when your card will be ordered and/or mailed.

thanks for your reply, b2004. i am signed up for email alerts for status changes, so i guess that should cover it, then.

Where do I get a case # for I-89

Hi. after my case approved at NYC I only got a case number for I-181. I never got a case number for I-89. I don't have a case number for I-485 either because my case was handled by the local NYC office and they don't provide I-485 case number. Does everybody get I-89 and I-181 after his/her case being approved? If only I-181 was filed but not I-89, will it cause the problem that the physical card never gets produced? Thanks.