Is there any format for FBI name check?

manu_re

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
I am planning to send a fax to FBI. Is there any specific format for this request? Can we include our email in the request?

Fbi Name Check Format

Today by grace of god, i got the FBI name check approval after 95 days.
May god bless u all and u would get sooner. It seems they are working hard this week.

July 8, 2004

FBI Name Check Section

Sub: Request for result of name check

Dear Officer, I have applied for revalidation of visa from XXX Embassy on xxx X, XXXX. I am on work or XXX visa and waiting since more then XXX months. I was informed my case is waiting for a security "Name Check". I really appreciate if you can please contact me on status of the check. You can reach me via e-mail, phone , Fax.

My details are:

Last Name -
First Name –
Date of Birth –
Passport No. -
Ph. -
Email -
Fax -

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

XXX

FBI Name check approved BUT

Friends after 95 days of waiting time I got the call from FBI. They also called my employer to inform them about my clearance. She gave me good news that FBI has completed my "Name Check" process,and also passed me state dept no.
But once I called state dept, they told me they dont have any clearance YET. This is so unbeliveable. After i asked her further how come this is possible FBI just called me , she said there are many agencies involved and this could take b.w 2 to 18 months. This is so crazy for me. Any way can pls give me hint whats going on? Even though FBI told my employer to wait till monday and today is thursday how come State Dept can say this? PLEASE HELP. thanks!

waliansari said:
Friends after 95 days of waiting time I got the call from FBI. They also called my employer to inform them about my clearance. She gave me good news that FBI has completed my "Name Check" process,and also passed me state dept no.
But once I called state dept, they told me they dont have any clearance YET. This is so unbeliveable. After i asked her further how come this is possible FBI just called me , she said there are many agencies involved and this could take b.w 2 to 18 months. This is so crazy for me. Any way can pls give me hint whats going on? Even though FBI told my employer to wait till monday and today is thursday how come State Dept can say this? PLEASE HELP. thanks!
waliansari: Why do you need to call state dept.? IC