is the Miami Asylum Office experiencing delays?

MyHope30

I applied for political asylum in July. Biometrics were done in July and I was interviewed in August the 13th.
The AO told me that he was going to mail my decision because I was (and still am) in status.
Everything was really fast but now two month after the interview I have not received the decision.
is this normal? Is it a good sign? Should I write to them or just wait?
Thanks for reading
Any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated

Well, there is a backlog in every asylum office throughout the country.
Compared to dozens of thousands other, at least you are VERY lucky to have had your interview.
So I will say this is normal given the situation. You can wait a little bit more or you can send them an inquiry letter. But I am not sure it will change much.

Thank you lota2013 I just had the initial impression that the new cases were being processed quickly.
Maybe it is just as you say, this wating period is normal. Besides I am the principal applicant but my wife and my son are also in the application so I guess background checks take a little longer.
I've being reading that prolonged waitings translates into positives outcomes, so I hope that this is one of those cases

Yesterday elapsed the 60th day since my interview and 102 day since I applied for asylum.
Reading some documents released by the USCIS, I have now began to understand that given the situation in which every asylum office around the country is handling a workload bigger than their capacity, the asylum decisions are set to be delivered within the 180 days as a goal. That means that we can expect to get our decisions between the 151 day and the 180 day, always after having applied for the EAD.
That would be an ideal response time at this moment, assuming you have already been interviewed.
in my case that means I could get an answer by December. If I don't receive an answer by that time, then the backlog is much worse than we can imagine.

Myhope, at least you did your interview, for me itis 134 days sine I applied Asylum and I am still waiting an interview date, but I heard that there are people who applied after me and they got their inteviews within 2 months. I dont know how the Asylum systems works!!!.

ArlingtonJune you are just about to reach the 150 day, so be ready to apply for your EAD. Once they received the EAD application they will pull your case and hopefully they will schedule an interview. If not well at least you'll have your EAD.
Please let us know how everything goes
thanks for sharing