Is my TN status still valid?

LuckySvetlana

I've received TN letter from recruiting company and then opened my TN status a month ago. While I was getting my TN status and social security number the employer changed their mind. They couldn't wait so long for me and they needed someone urgent. So, I lost this job opportunity.
My recruiter promised to find another position shortly.
Questions: Is my TN status still valid? I opened TN a month ago for period of 6 months. How fast I should start working from the moment I got TN status? Can I work from the same recruiter but for a different company? Is there any hidden problem?

You no longer can enter or remain in US on the TN status, However it remains "active", and if your sponsor finds a new client for you you can use the TN you got to enter US and work. But, right now, you do not have a TN and should not be in US.

I can stay legally in US as I have TD status as well. Thanks for your reply! It is good to know that I can still use my TN if a recruiter find another position.
Appreciate your help!

Well, you don't have a TD as well. You can only have one status in US at any one time. The day you went to get your TN, that invalidated -- permanently -- your TD I-94. You would need to go to border to reactivate it, by presenting your spouse's TN and marriage license. And that would invalidate your TN once again. Then you would need to go back to border to reactivate TN should you ever work.

When you get a TN, you are supposed to be on your way to work that day. Obviously there can be a delay in starting work for a week or two. But, really you do not have a job at this point, and probably never did. So, you really need to get your self back in TD status to avoid any investigations into your status.

Just as an added point for those reading this thread: the re is no need to wait until one gets their SSN to begin working.