Is my son a citizen or not ?

Radni said:
What is the basic rule for citizenship of child under 16 of one or both parent as USC? If I am USC and my wife is a LPR and my child of age14 is also LPR, then is my child a US Citizen?

Not a very simple question... I will try giving a simple answer.

Depends on whether or not the USC parent has remained US citizens for long enough. Some interpret this as physical presence. Some interpret this as citizen without dual country loyalty. Two years after the age of 14 is needed to claim citizenship. Otherwise, it is five years. This is applicable to children born a specific year, and I am very certain this applies to your 16 year old.

Radni, I speak for many to say that you just changed two things about your image with this question.... You are male, and you have a grown child.

------------------------
Spirit of USA Personal Responsibility, Opportunity, Equality.

Tina210 said:
Sorry to warm up this thread.

Just wanted to let you guys know that my son had his interview for his Certificate of Citizenship yesterday and he received his certificate right there.

So processing took 6 months.
Can you give more details as to what kind of interview did he take? What questions were asked? Did he take oath?

Radni said:
Can you give more details as to what kind of interview did he take? What questions were asked? Did he take oath?

There is no formal interview for childrens. All children accompany their parents and the officer verify the application and documents (such as Birth Certificate, Certificate of Naturlization of parents ect.), and at the end they get the Certificate of Citizenship. There is no oath for children.
The process is very simple and straightforward.

Physical Presence

Thanks hm11,
Can someone tell me precisely what is the requirement of "Physical Presence" of USC parent in USA in such cases of child citizenship?