Is marriage cert. necessary to send for EAD renewal for spouse? Please Help!

jrao124

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
We are applying for EAD renewal for my husband. I am the primary applicant. Do we need to send a copy of the marriage certificate with the other documents?

THanks a lot
J

Marriage certificate is not required for EAD renewal. Following are required though:

1. Application form (I-765) for Employment Authorization
2. Application fees
3. 2 Photos with I-485 receipt number and A# written in back
4. Copy of previously approved EAD
5. Copy of I-797 D (from current EAD)
6. Copy of I-485 Receipt Notice

jrao124 said:
Hi,
We are applying for EAD renewal for my husband. I am the primary applicant. Do we need to send a copy of the marriage certificate with the other documents?

THanks a lot
J

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks.
We sent it in without the I 797 bcos we didn't have it. We did send in the marriage cert. though. Hope that's OK.

J

I believe they already have the marriage certificate from the first time you applied for EAD. However, if you do not have the stub from your current EAD, the process might take longer (just because of the missing link - current EAD stub)

There were couple of instances where the marriage certificate was asked in RFE for EAD or AP. Send even I-485 receipt notice of the primary along with marriage certificate. Give them all documents. what is the harm?

tammy2 said:
There were couple of instances where the marriage certificate was asked in RFE for EAD or AP. Send even I-485 receipt notice of the primary along with marriage certificate. Give them all documents. what is the harm?

Agree - it is safe.

Thanks for your responses. We already sent it in. We were in a hurry. We sent marriage cert. , his I-485, old EAD copy, driver's license, photos and money.

Thanks again
J