• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is it true that the letters for the winners who live in Europe are sent from Sweden?

Rebecca2008

Registered Users (C)
And if it's true, why are they sent from Sweden and not from KCC as usual?

I noticed that several winners got their NL from Sweden.

quotes from other threads:

doc381: "What worried me is that the post stamp on the envelope comes from Sweden and all the docs inside seem like they are just plain paper! I saw some pics of actual docs and the first page is green and has state department signs, mine are all plainwhite paper and there are no original signs of state department! Is there a chance this is not real?
The envelope is a white one letter sized with the address of the KCC on the right upper side and just below a PP sweden stamp (printed).
On the first page there is also a mistake, it says that I won dv-2009 for fiscal year 2008 (October 1, 2007 September 30, 2009). shouldn't be oct 2008 to sep 2009 and fiscal year 2009?
please help me I am very worried!"

Tazmania: "All letters for Europa are sent from Sweden."

jsalien24: "Same here !
Hi there,
I just read your message, indeed the same here on our letter. Sent from Sweden and they mentioned fiscal year 2008 !
Also if you look at the top right corner the expiry date is already passed, it say smth like 2006 and we are 2008 now."

The way I understand it, the letters come from KCC but they are sent via Sweden... I don't really care because it really doesn't matter... Btw: My first letter did not have a Sweden stamp on it, but the 2nd package did (and I am from Europe).

Am from africa n ma 1st letter had the swedish postal stamp.i was seriously worried n thought there was soem graud.lets hope for the best Gods people

I'm in Australia (Oceania) and mine came from Sweden, it confused us at first and made me doubt it was genuine.

It depends on the postal service !

Some letters go through sweden before coming to final address but normally the US adress and the stamp ...

I'm talking about ordinary letters !

Same here

I am from the Caribbean, and I also had a swedish post stamp, and plain paper with no letter heads! Sent back the forms anyway

Dear Gem,

This is my sixth attempt at the lottery, and yet no response, seems as though I am not lucky this year again. I am from Grenada what Island are you from?

Funny...
I am from Trinidad, but live in Grenada! Keep on trying...I have been entering since 200o. Every year I enter saying that I have nothing to lose... So good luck next time!

Hey Paulineg,
I was reading some posts and see ur mom is Trini. When you apply- do you apply using Grenada or Trinidad? The reason I ask is that I noticed from previous years Grenada had only had 1 or 2 selectees, however, Trini had in the 80's. Maybe your odds are better applying using your mom's country of birth as oopsed to yours. Dunno if it'll make a difference, but that's just my hunch. Keep the faith though, and do not give up!

Dear Gem,

Do you really live in Grenada? good to know. I was born in Grenada, my mom is Trinidadian I do have a Trinidadian passport, but I think you can only enter bases on country of birth.

Seems like an impossible dream for me.

I will keep hope alive.

Yes, I do live in Grenada. Did not know all the particulars about the birth thing... just something I was thinking about. Don't think about it too much though, I totally think what is for you...is for you. Just don't give up. If you are to be in the US something will happen for you to be there. Take care, and cheer up :)

I see that a lot of people who don't live in the US get their letter from Sweden.
Does it mean that KCC has an office in Sweden in addition to the one in the US?

All notification letters have been printed out and posted in Sweden. There is nothing to be curious about the reason.

I see that a lot of people who don't live in the US get their letter from Sweden.
Does it mean that KCC has an office in Sweden in addition to the one in the US?
No; it only means that the US has an embassy in Sweden and KCC and US Embassies are all branches of the US Department of State.
The Embassies are simply running errands for KCC [ a branch from the same Goverment Department].