Is it true about the protest on march 29, 2011 in washington dc by TVU students!!!

How many of you are attending?

• Attending.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not, Attending.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • May be

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

f1optstu

Registered Users (C)
How many of you are attending?

What are the pros and cons of this protest?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, ICE can just hand out NTAs to everybody attending that event...

This is only a thing for the gallery, for the Indian newspapers. It won't change a thing.
It is interesting that there is nothing planned against the real culprits, like Susan Su, or the owners of the other fraudulent institutions, the owners of Herguan, ITU, UNVA, etc.
Read up on the real culprits here: https://chronicle.com/article/Little-Known-Colleges-Exploit/126822/

They can only handout NTAs!! what if the students already have NTAs, they will be attending the protest.....ICE cannot make arrests right as this is legal and have permission to protest.....will they arrest??

What are you trying to prove? ...that you did not live and attend school in CA? If you are poor students, how can you afford to travel and stay in DC?

If you are looking for sympathy, you will not get any and will anger people who do things the right way.

What are you trying to prove? ...that you did not live and attend school in CA? If you are poor students, how can you afford to travel and stay in DC?

If you are looking for sympathy, you will not get any and will anger people who do things the right way.

They say, TANA org will be sponsoring for travel, accommodation and food.

do u mean to say, because of this protest by 30 TVU students will anger 100k international students and also will tighten the laws for F1

They say, TANA org will be sponsoring for travel, accommodation and food.

do u mean to say, because of this protest by 30 TVU students will anger 100k international students and also will tighten the laws for F1

A protest by 30 people isn't a protest to begin with... It is a waste of time and money. Time and money that could be spend for more useful things.
The laws for F1 are likely to be tightened because of 1500 people signing up with TVU and at least the same number signing up with similar frauds like Herguan, ITU, UNVA, etc.
How about you (and TANA) tell everybody at these other fraudulent institutions to get out of there... THAT would be a useful thing for a change.

Its all crap. These are same students who refused to file suit against ICE even though they have support of good lawyers like John vandenburg , Rajiv Khanna et al. , because deep down in their conscience they know they joined TVU to propagate fraud and get EAD by fraudulent means. Its better for all these worthless people to leave US of A

How about angering USCs who now are aware of the fraud and abuses by so called students and sham universities?

IMO, the TVU students should allow the attorneys and government officials who are working on the issue do so. This demonstration will accomplish nothing. Those who were victims of the fraud will be treated fairly and those who were knowingly involved in the fraud will be punished according to US rules.

hey concerned4us,floptustu, joe123...u dont have any other work just discouraging students of trivalley university, why you are behind these guys...what about ur nationality are u native americans...IS US YOUR OWN COUNTRY. OR ADOPTED? U DONT HAVE ANY WORK JUST COMMENTING ON THIS UNIV....HOW DO YOU KNOW WHEATHER THEY ARE VICTIMS OR KNOWINGLY INVOLVED IN THE FRAUD..SOME OF THE STUDENTS THEY FINISHED THEIR MASTERS AND JOINED IN THIS UNIV FOR THEIR SECOND MASTERS. THEY DONT EVEN KNOW THAT THIS SCHOOL IS FRAUD,THEY JUST PAID SCHOOL FEE AND ATTENDING CLASSES GENUINELY....(FINISHED MASTERS AND DOING THEIR PHARM .D) AND THEY DIDNT EVEN TOOK OPT OR CPT...WHT ABOUT THEIR SITUATION....

Still how long these officials (ice, uscis) take time to invistigate on this issue, few of the students are not eating or sleeping properly.wht about their future?
Most of them are innocent wht about their future, they are nervous without knowing wht to do? They have to decide immidetely.they are saying we will do justice and fair treatment but when? Wht about their current status of immigratation?

@shruthi123:

First, using all-caps already means that you are wrong.
If you can't get your argument across without yelling (which is what all-caps is), you don't have an argument.
Second, no American believes the fairy tale of people not knowing that TVU was fake. Americans still have common sense. A glance at the TVU website makes clear to everybody that TVU was fake. And it has made it clear to you as well, you just try to keep face.

Still how long these officials (ice, uscis) take time to invistigate on this issue, few of the students are not eating or sleeping properly.wht about their future?
But they can travel and line up for a protest?
They signed up with an obvious fake. They are adults, they need to take responsibility for their actions, good and bad.

Most of them are innocent wht about their future, they are nervous without knowing wht to do?
They signed up with an obvious fraud. They wanted to use a shortcut. They found out the hard way that shortcuts don't work.
They ignored the red flags: http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...nt-visa-indian-students-tri-valley-university
Including my warnings here and in other forums.

Wht about their current status of immigratation?
They have been out of status as soon as they signed up with TVU.

Oh, and have you asked the lawyers who are so concerned now why they didn't warn people beforehand?
The warnings were left to people like me, and we have to endure abusive posts from people like you. Shame on you.
Take responsibility for your actions. That's what adults do.
And tell everybody who is signed up with similar frauds, with ITU, Herguan, UNVA, UoNA, etc. to get out of there before it is too late.
Do something useful for a change.
Oh, and read https://chronicle.com/article/Little-Known-Colleges-Exploit/126822/ instead of posting insults.

Its all crap. These are same students who refused to file suit against ICE even though they have support of good lawyers like John vandenburg , Rajiv Khanna et al. , because deep down in their conscience they know they joined TVU to propagate fraud and get EAD by fraudulent means. Its better for all these worthless people to leave US of A

What a pathetic arguement are you making. May i know the basis of your arguement. Well, the problem for delaying the lawsuit is not because students are guilty deep down but because the students are dispersed across united states. Even if they are organized they are organized in small groups. without all students being united, it is difficult to gain momentum for the cause. I called up john vandenburg's office. I am willing to testify but i have not been issued NTA as yet. They are mainly looking for people who have been ankle tagged and been unlawfully treated by ICE.

As for a suit against Susan Su, there was thread here, but it went no where. Looks like the OP dissappeared. I am not going to leave things like this. I am just waiting for getting back in status. That is my priority now. It is my responsibility to fight for my rights. Right to Education of Indian immigrant students has been severely misused by Susan Su and been facilitated by SEVIS.

What a pathetic arguement are you making. May i know the basis of your arguement. Well, the problem for delaying the lawsuit is not because students are guilty deep down but because the students are dispersed across united states.
Which they shouldn't be if they had been studying for real.
So, that "being spread across the US" is already an admission of being part of the fraud.
And people of course know that.
And there is no "right to education" in the US, btw.
As an adult in this country, it is your responsibility to make sure that you don't violate the laws of this country, regardless if somebody, like Ms. Su, told you things are ok.

So, that "being spread across the US" is already an admission of being part of the fraud.
Being spread across US does not amount to fraud when the school DSO, a government agent, has clearly stated it is fine to do so.

And there is no "right to education" in the US, btw.
As an adult in this country, it is your responsibility to make sure that you don't violate the laws of this country, regardless if somebody, like Ms. Su, told you things are ok.
Please educate yourself regarding right to education mentioned in United Nations' Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) adopted in 1948. Also please take note of the point ' Freedom from discrimination in all areas and levels of education, and to equal access to continuing education and vocational training'
. Students have not been given equal opportunity to continue their education.

Being spread across US does not amount to fraud when the school DSO, a government agent, has clearly stated it is fine to do so.
It is irrelevant what a government agent says. The law is what matters, not what some person, even if it was the President, says.
And the law clearly and without doubt says that only one class/three credits can be online for students in F1 status.

Or do you jump off a cliff just because some government agent tells you to?

Please educate yourself
I suggest you do the same. The law is what matters in the US.

Students have not been given equal opportunity to continue their education.
Of course you have. You are free to continue your education in your home country.
You do NOT have a right to continue your education in the US. The US may grant you access to higher education in the US, but it is NOT your right.

And as a side note: I find it rather interesting that you now argue with the Declaration of Human Rights, but couldn't be bothered to look up the US laws regarding the F1 and class attendance before signing up with TVU... Talk about lack of education right there...
You violated US laws. That's the issue here, not some pie-in-the-sky stuff about Human Rights. Your Human rights have not been violated. It is YOU who broke US laws.

It is irrelevant what a government agent says. The law is what matters, not what some person, even if it was the President, says.
And the law clearly and without doubt says that only one class/three credits can be online for students in F1 status.
I think we are going over and over the same point in almost every thread. Law also matters to SEVP as much to students. SEVP is the authorized entity to implement this law and not students.

Or do you jump off a cliff just because some government agent tells you to?
It is not the same as jumping off the cliff.

Of course you have. You are free to continue your education in your home country.
You do NOT have a right to continue your education in the US. The US may grant you access to higher education in the US, but it is NOT your right.
It is my right if i qualify the requirements of other universities. I have a GRE score, a TOEFL score. I had applied to other universities also in nov-dec' 10. Now discriminating against me because i had enrolled at TVU (apparently 2 days before the raid) is not done. I'll not take it.

And as a side note: I find it rather interesting that you now argue with the Declaration of Human Rights, but couldn't be bothered to look up the US laws regarding the F1 and class attendance before signing up with TVU... Talk about lack of education right there...
In the TVU catalog i received it was clearly mentioned that i could take in-person classes or live classes. It was at my discretion which mode of classroom i wished to attend. What if i had chosen in-person classes. Which law did i break. Now that the university shut down even before i could start classes and the admission staff had blatantly lied is a different issue.

You violated US laws. That's the issue here, not some pie-in-the-sky stuff about Human Rights. Your Human rights have not been violated. It is YOU who broke US laws.
I have not violated any law. I have already laid out my case open in this forum. Which law did i break?.. If i am denied education in other universities because i was a TVU student would amount to human rights violation.

Shruthi , only if you had spent half of time that you have spent arguing with Joe, to verify the credentials of the university, you would not have been in this position.
Accept that you tried to take advantage of the fraud and move on.

I think we are going over and over the same point in almost every thread. Law also matters to SEVP as much to students. SEVP is the authorized entity to implement this law and not students.
Students still have to abide by the law, no matter what.

It is my right if i qualify the requirements of other universities.
No, it is NOT.
You do absolutely NOT have the right to an education in the US. Period.

I have a GRE score, a TOEFL score.
Required, but not necessarily enough.

I had applied to other universities also in nov-dec' 10. Now discriminating against me because i had enrolled at TVU (apparently 2 days before the raid) is not done. I'll not take it.
Universities have the freedom to decide who they accept, in particular for graduate studies. You do NOT have a right for a continued education in the US. If you want to continue your education, you are free to do so in your home country.

In the TVU catalog i received it was clearly mentioned that i could take in-person classes or live classes. It was at my discretion which mode of classroom i wished to attend. What if i had chosen in-person classes. Which law did i break. Now that the university shut down even before i could start classes and the admission staff had blatantly lied is a different issue.
Oh, now it is a "different issue"...
The law is what matters, not what it written in some catalog.
Did you reside near TVU, or did you move there? If not, how did you plan to attend classes in person?

If i am denied education in other universities because i was a TVU student would amount to human rights violation.
Sigh. You do NOT have a right to education in the US. You are a guest in this country. You are free to go to your home country to continue your education.
You just make a fool of yourself with this BS about human rights violations.
Or are you claiming that everybody in the world has a right to study in the US?
I suggest you read up on US law AND follow it before making a fool of yourself.

Shruthi , only if you had spent half of time that you have spent arguing with Joe, to verify the credentials of the university, you would not have been in this position.
LOL. So true.
They are trying to shoot the messenger, instead of acting as adults and taking responsibility for their actions.

Status
Not open for further replies.