Is it ok to switch the company

AmIClosetoGC

Today I checked my case (ND 12/14/01 RD 12/03/01) and it's approved. Thanks God.

Is it ok to switch the company in couple of days once I have the approval notice? If yes what do I have to submit to the new company?

If I can not switch because I have not yet stamped PP or not received a card then any suggestions

Thanks for all your help.

You can switch. The new employer will need to complete the I9 for the DOL. (every employee has to fill one out not just immigrants). If your passport isn't stamped then you can show them your EAD. If you only have a H1 then you need your passport stamped. It might be best to wait for your approval notice and get the stamping right away and afterwards start the new job - should be just a week or two until your passport will be stamped anyhow.

Originally posted by AmIClosetoGC
Today I checked my case (ND 12/14/01 RD 12/03/01) and it's approved. Thanks God.

Is it ok to switch the company in couple of days once I have the approval notice? If yes what do I have to submit to the new company?

If I can not switch because I have not yet stamped PP or not received a card then any suggestions

Thanks for all your help.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Darn -- this is the most casual 'announcement' that I've seen so far :D

Thanks for the reply helge

I have an EAD to start the new job.

So If I wait until the PP stamp, I can start the new job?

Is it necessary to wait for the card and then start the new job?

At this time I am running out of time. I have an offer from new company to start the job immediately.

Thanks helge.

For the future, it is better if you get terminated, rather than leaving yourself.
(I am not a lawyer, so this is just an opinion).
GC_impatient

It is better if you can wait for 10 days to join new company. Within 10 days, you will get your approval and you can get it stamped. There is no problem if you leave the company even 1 day after getting stamped. This is post AC21 era. Who cares about Citizenship interview from now itself . Can't we ever live happily without worrying about all the stupid things ?
If you can't wait for even a week, then go agead and join the new company. There is no problem. Take a Employment letter from new employer and pay stubs of old company.

You don't need the actual plastic Green Card to start the new job - the stamped passport is sufficient.