Is it normal ???

Aztek

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

My employer had filed for my (beyond 7th yr) H-1 extension based on approved I-140 earlier this year. The receipt notice date is March 26th 2007 and the application is being processed at California service center. The most recent update shows CA service center now processing H-1 extension applications with receipt dates of April 16th.

My employer's immig. attorney says its very normal & routine thing. There's no way of expediting the process and any inquiry about to UCSIC would take about 30 to 45 days to get a reply (UCSIS has a process where they generate a service request which takes about 30-45 days and even that would only tell that the case is still in process). Only way around is to go for premium processing at this point.

My question is, has anyone else experienced such a delay where the processing center is now processing receipt dates beyond your receipt date without taking any decision on yours?. Second, is it safe at this point to change the processing type to Premium - given the fact that my H-1 has already expired now??

I have been waiting.

My extension for H1 was filed on Sept 26th 06. I had an RFE and we responded and I got an LUD on feb 16 w.r.t RFE response.
Ever since then I have been waiting. And add to that I recently on Jun 13th sent application and fees for PP. but no LUD since then either.
Whether is it safe to convert to PP -- god knows. I just did it. It has been such a long wait and I just want a decision +ve or -ve. And moreover I am outside the country and cannot get back to work till I get H1B extension. huh...

And you stand way back in the line.. so HOLD on.!!!!!11

Got it approved

looks like this forum has been laying low these days.

Anyway - just to update, I got the H-1 extension approved finally.
Receipt date: March 26, 2007
Notice Date: June 29, 2007

Even though it was approved late June, my employer attorney got the approval notice just about a week ago. Funny thing is, if I check the status online or on their customer service 800 #, it still shows/tells my case as being pending.

Aztek,
CONGRATULATIONS for approval after long way. Let me hope mine too which was filed in Feb 07 second week

I experienced the same thing late last year. My I-797 which was issued in 2 months the previous year (texas center) was sent to the California center this time. After my attorney enquired we were told that it was undergoing name check and hence the delay. It was finally approved after 4.5 months. I was not aware that they do name checks for H1-B/I-797s also. Well apparently they do.

Guys, Any updates on ur application...I am still waiting since feb'07 for extn from csc......don't know how to expedite....any thoughts...