is it Legal to do two Full time jobs as a green card holder

Thanks for the responses,
dryheat and zamo, as for the IQ being too low, why don't you help me increase IQ by responding with appropriate information.

Guys, i myself had to wait for 10 yrs to get the GC.

Your question is like asking "is it legal to drive a car after getting a driver's license".

Go ahead and work in 3, 4, or 5 jobs simultaneously if you want. The only things stopping you from doing that are employer-driven rules against doing additional jobs, and your ability to get hired and physically work in multiple jobs.

Your question is like asking "is it legal to drive a car after getting a driver's license".

Go ahead and work in 3, 4, or 5 jobs simultaneously if you want. The only things stopping you from doing that are employer-driven rules against doing additional jobs, and your ability to get hired and physically work in multiple jobs.

His question is more like: "If 21 is the legal drinking age, can I drink if I'm 22?"

I think Green Card should be taken away from you on a basis of too low IQ.

I fully agree with your thoughts .....such people are disgrace to many of us ...unfortunatley these are those people who were driving rickhaws leased from my brother in law in Bombay and now they ended up here...all they want is money ....:D:D:D

I think the question is not so easy to answer, meaning not concerning having GC - but, it is legal (for anyone, having GC or citizenship) to have 2 FULL TIME jobs simultaneously? Full time has some requirements, such as working at least 40 hours/week...I know one can have one full-time and several (or one) part-time at same time - but, not sure about two full-time ones...

I think the question is not so easy to answer, meaning not concerning having GC - but, it is legal (for anyone, having GC or citizenship) to have 2 FULL TIME jobs simultaneously?
That's a general employment question, not an immigration question.

And to put this question to rest ... yes, anybody with a GC or US citizenship, or even an EAD derived from an I-485 can legally hold multiple full time jobs. The only obstructions are the willingness of employers to hire you and keep you employed despite your other jobs, and your ability to actually work in those multiple jobs without killing yourself.

or dont do any job. You can feel free to stay at home and watch TV, sleep or just eat Pizzas all day on your unemployment benefits

Hi,

Curious to know, if it is legal to do two full time jobs ( different times obviously) as a Green card holder.

You can only have maximum 3 full time jobs at the same time on a greencard.

More than 3 is illegal and your Greencard can be revoked. USCIS and IRS will book you and deport you. You cannot do more than 3 fulltime jobs within a 24 hour day/night. So please be careful exceeding 3 full time jobs.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear posting nonsense on internet message boards is a deportable offense. However, it is such an epidemic that ICE is overwhelmed.

Do not use truck drivers as a source of inspiration as most of them are on drugs. My recommendation is to use extra strong caffeine pills if you are going to work 80+ hours a week unless you suffer from insomnia.

Also, don't listen to people who tell you there is a 2 or 3 full time job limit when you are on GC. I say you go for a whole 4 full time jobs, I know you can do it coz you are special. This will also eliminate all doubt as doubt leads to confusion, confusion leads to fear, fear leads to anger and anger leads to the dark side, and we do not want any amateur Sith lords running around on this board.

So, all the best, good luck and may the force be with you.

Stoned!

To talk about full time jobs, I think it is the matter of the contract for each job. If it says you have to be onsite 8 hours each day and you have 3 or more such jobs, someone theoretically can suspect that one of those comanies is using you to wash out illegal money.

The other interesting fact is that if you make more than $160K but less than $300K you will have to pay more taxes if make $150K, and even IRA can not help much. Of course numbers are approximate.