is infopass appt a must ?

dude_folk

Registered Users (C)
my letter of approval says i can go and take stamp between 8:30 and 11 am
Monday to Friday. It does not mention about any infopass..
Can I go to the office and get my passport stamps.

As of Oct 1, 2004, Infopass is must. Also as mentioned in approval letter, don't go with ADIT photos. Take passport photos.

USCIS as usual ...

-novis

Info pass appt in SFO not available ?

I recently got my 485 approved. I have been trying the past 1 week to get an infopass appointment in San Francisco from the website. When I enter my zip code which is in the SFO coverage area, I see a message

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. "

Can I go to the San Jose office instead of San francisco. I entered a San Jose zip code and that seems to work. Any one experience this ? I will try calling the toll free number to see if I can schedule an appt over the phone.

Rambo

dude_folk said:
my letter of approval says i can go and take stamp between 8:30 and 11 am
Monday to Friday. It does not mention about any infopass..
Can I go to the office and get my passport stamps.

rambo2002CA said:
I recently got my 485 approved. I have been trying the past 1 week to get an infopass appointment in San Francisco from the website. When I enter my zip code which is in the SFO coverage area, I see a message

"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later. "

Can I go to the San Jose office instead of San francisco. I entered a San Jose zip code and that seems to work. Any one experience this ? I will try calling the toll free number to see if I can schedule an appt over the phone.

Rambo

If Infopass is not available for SF, just go early in the morning (6 am) and get stamped your passport. Good luck!

Do you need one appointment for myself and my wife or do you need to make 2 seperate appointments. I got an appointment for 26th Oct for myself, but the site is not giving any more appointments (and cannot get a seperate one for my wife).

Any recent experiences in San Francisco Office?

onlytp said:
Do you need one appointment for myself and my wife or do you need to make 2 seperate appointments. I got an appointment for 26th Oct for myself, but the site is not giving any more appointments (and cannot get a seperate one for my wife).

Any recent experiences in San Francisco Office?

I think u only need one .. it is written in website as well.
I have an experience at SJ .. I took one and worked for both of us.

InfoPass restrictions

You should try getting into Infopass website either very early in the morning or late in the night as the web servers are not able to handle the traffic. Even if the website page shows the following message it doesn't mean that Infopass appointment facility is not available, you have to keep trying.

It differs from office to office, Orlando, FL required different appoint for each individual member of the family. Even a minor required a separate appointment.

Yes, as mentioned in Approval notice that you require 2 ADIT style photographs is untrue. Now the photographs that are accpeted are the passport style (i.e., full frontal face position).