Is I-485 Medical Re-exam necessary?

aamchimumbai

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

Due to the priority data transfer issue my I-485 application was rejected in June'08 (submitted based on June'08 visa bulletin). Anyways.

As part of my application necessary medical exam tests were conducted in May'08. If I were to submit my application today based on the new visa bulletin do you think I need to re-take all medical exams again for submission? Won't the first set of medical exams have any validity?

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Medical report is valid for one full year. Talk to the persons from whom got it initially. I believe all you have to do is get a second set of documents based on your earlier records.

Will we require another medical exam and/or certificate if 485 comes for adjudication after more than one year from the previous med exam?

Does the USCIS throw an RFE for expired med exams, prior to adjudicating a AOS app?

The medical must not be more than a year old when filed. But once filed, it is valid until your case is decided (note however that the decision to treat it as valid until adjudicated was done by a procedural memo, not a legislative change, so it could easily be changed to something worse). My medical was more than 2.5 years old when my GC was approved, and I never had to redo it while the I-485 was pending.