• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Is ATM or Debit Card acceptable for payment at the EMBASSY

mejemeje

Registered Users (C)
Pls i will like to know if atm or otherwise debit card is acceptable for payment at the embassy or cash, think might be too risky to go there with cash. Or do suggest i go with cash (dollars) pls advice

Pls i will like to know if atm or otherwise debit card is acceptable for payment at the embassy or cash, think might be too risky to go there with cash. Or do suggest i go with cash (dollars) pls advice

Most people suggest carrying and paying in cash. The reason is if your debit/credit card does not work for whatever reason you will be unable to pay and ultimately unnecessarily jeopardize your Visa processing. I know the US Embassy in London accepts Credit/Debit cards, but sometimes banks denying processing the payment because they find the transaction suspicious, even in cases when they have been informed beforehand what will occur.

The choice is yours.

Most people suggest carrying and paying in cash. The reason is if your debit/credit card does not work for whatever reason you will be unable to pay and ultimately unnecessarily jeopardize your Visa processing. I know the US Embassy in London accepts Credit/Debit cards, but sometimes banks denying processing the payment because they find the transaction suspicious, even in cases when they have been informed beforehand what will occur.

The choice is yours.

like ur input, thanks so much, lets hear other view b/4 my decision

Which Embassy or Consulate?

This is off the embassy site about immigrant visas

The fee for an immigrant visa is $355.00 payable in cash in U.S. dollars or Naira equivalent. In addition, there is a $45.00 security surcharge. We do not accept checks or credit cards.

Go with cash(preferably US Dollars),that is how everyone paid last year.
Note also dat for the visa lottery, it's $819 per person.

Go with cash(preferably US Dollars),that is how everyone paid last year. Note also dat for the visa lottery, it's $819 per person.