Invitation for Wedding

hitechguy

Registered Users (C)
Our daughter is getting married here in US and my wife and I wanted to send an invitation letter to all our relatives to apply for visas to visit the US. There are quite a few to be sent - to her parents, her brothers and their families (2 brothers, their wives and kids) , and her sister and family, and my brother & his family, plus my sister-in-law. Several questions :

(1) Are affidavit of support documents ie I-134's mandatory to be sent from here along with bank statements etc. Or is it sufficient to just send a letter of invitation. The reason I am asking is last year, my wife sent just an invitation letter to one of her sisters in Bombay and she got her visa - no I-134 or other documents were sent.

(2) Do we have to send each of them individual invitation letters and individual I-134 forms for each and every person ? Or can we send one invitation letter to each family.

(3) Do the invitation and sponsorship letters have to come from both of us - or can my wife send letters to her family and I send letters to my family ? Or it does not matter. Will the consulates require a higher bank balance since we are sending so many invitation letters.

We both got our US citizenship last year.

Thanks for any info on this and if someone had a similar experience it would be very helpful.

A1: I-134s are not madatory at all.
A2: They should all qualify in their own right without an I-134.
A3: Even invites are not neccessary for B-2 visas.

Thanks for the info. But I am confused - why do most of the posts here mention that I-134s are needed to sponsor visitor visas to the US ?

Thanks

As TC suggested, it is better your relatives self sponcer their visas and explain to VO that they want to attend the wedding. Of course they have to carry the wedding card with them at the time of interview.
What VO looks in individual case is that whether the candidate will come back once his visit is over in USA. It is therefre necessary for every candidate to proove his ties in his home country. To establish this, one should show bank balances, properties, jobs/business, family links etc.

wedding dress manufacturer provides wedding dress directly.

email:brideslove@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator: