Investor visa

jayo2k

Registered Users (C)
hello people
I recently launched a website which I plan on turning it into a startup in the near future then go to rounds of investments.
My question is how much would I need if I want to have either the E2 or E1 visa and how much for the green card directly?
For the E1 /E2 sometimes I read that you need 200k, sometimes 100k or even 50k... I contacted a lawyer in Toronto but they want me to pay 150$ just for a phone call...
Here it is much cheaper
thanks for your replies. And If i get enough funds, will I have to locate myself in specific cities or anywhere I want? (I would love SF, NYC, DC, Boston or Portland)

As per the USCIS Site, individuals must invest $1,000,000 (or at least $500,000 in a "Targeted Employment Area" - high unemployment or rural area), creating or preserving at least 10 jobs for U.S. workers excluding the investor and their immediate family. You can find more information on Green Card Through investments here.

Disclaimer: The information provided is of a general nature and is not intended to be construed as legal advice or creating an attorney-client relationship with Law Firm.

hello people
I recently launched a website which I plan on turning it into a startup in the near future then go to rounds of investments.
My question is how much would I need if I want to have either the E2 or E1 visa and how much for the green card directly?
For the E1 /E2 sometimes I read that you need 200k, sometimes 100k or even 50k... I contacted a lawyer in Toronto but they want me to pay 150$ just for a phone call...
Here it is much cheaper
thanks for your replies. And If i get enough funds, will I have to locate myself in specific cities or anywhere I want? (I would love SF, NYC, DC, Boston or Portland)

Last edited by a moderator:
E1/E2 minimum

Please google Foreign Affairs Manual. Don't bother to pay the lawyers, just waiting to gouge you except if you have a very complicated case. In the Foreign affairs manual section 9FAM 41.51 N 1.2 ( just google) gives many many answers. Can also tell you where to go if you need more info. There is NO minimum for E1/E2, but of course, the lower the amount the harder to meet the substantial and proportionality test. For small business under 100K you must contribute 100% or more.
E1/ E2 DOES NOT lead to green card and you MUST NOT have any immigrant intent.

EB5 is an immigrant investor category that requires substantial investment.

Please not an online web based business WILL not qualify for an E1/E2, neither will a home based business.

You must also possess treaty country nationality and you must go back to your home country to apply. If you merely change status within the US and need to travel, you cannot come back on E1/E2 status.

E1/e2

Also you can live any where NEAR your business. The purpose of the E2 is to direct and develop you enterprise, so it would make sense that you live near the location of your business.