Interviewed with ICE and Given Forced voluntary departure

Jayvirujay

Registered Users (C)
The most unfortunate day of my life.. treated like a criminal, talked like an illegal.

Today i was interviewed by ICE/CBP I dont know who they were exactly.
All he kept saying was they he had instruction by govt lawyers to give only two options to TVU student who are on F1 either to leave voluntarily or be served NTA with a 5000$ bond.

I never took any money from TVU..
Followed every instruction that DSO/SU of TVU told me to do.
I have written proof thay TVU told me that online classes are legal.

This guy didnt even know which date the TVU closed and was given charge of my
destiny...

I have lost all my hopes and take Voluntary departure.

I request all community members of India out there to do something/ do anything..

I request Govt of USA to please dont penalize for something we did unknowingly..
Or at least dont treat us like criminals..

Last edited by a moderator:
I hired the costliest lawyer in my vicinity..

and the officer didnt give any chance to speak to him.

He just kept on repeating that he is supposed to give only these two option to TVU.

For some reason i find it very hard to believe that all TVU students are victims, come on most of them were doing odd jobs at 7-11's, and the rest that were not I am sure will have other Indian friends in US in other schools that could tell them that something is fishy.
Another strange thing is that more than 90% of students at TVU were from India.

How many legitimate schools turned you down BEFORE you resorted to the scam university?

Did you actually believe that it was qualifying CPT to work as security guard or as a clerk at 7-11 or a tobacco store etc... for cirricular practical training credits towards an MBA or PhD in Health Care Management or Nursing or Computer Science?

I was with TVU for 6 months.. After yesterday's interview I have also found out about two other people who were given same treatments with their passport confiscated and be given only at the airport when they leave..

@ joe

I was doin MHA did CPT as a healthcare administrator..
Only if i knew this was illegal i would have never done it.. and for ur information i was a student of University of new haven Connecticut..

What would a student from a India coming here do when his/her DSO says that taking classes online is legal and there is nothing wrong with and they have permission to do so.
and i have written proof of that.
DSO is supposed to be the person reporting progress of a student to SEVIS/USCIS and every one else.

So please shut up..

@Joe,
why you want to be in all forums. In each and every forum you side track the issue. And always your argument is that every student at tri valley took CPT to work in gas stations, which is not true. and FYI DSO can give you full time CPT if it is related to your field of study and it is not illegal. please check sevp website for full time cpt guidelines.
Just shut up and hope you have better things to do.

What would a student from a India coming here do when his/her DSO says that taking classes online is legal and there is nothing wrong with and they have permission to do so.
and i have written proof of that.
Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in Western societies.
Also, are you really traveling halfway across the globe without learning as much as you can about where you are going?
Look at this thread: http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?311562-Tri-Valley-University where I warned very early about TVU.
The fact is that people chose to ignore the red flags.
See http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...nts-ignored-red-flags/articleshow/7393658.cms
They are quoting my posts...

@Joe,
why you want to be in all forums. In each and every forum you side track the issue. And always your argument is that every student at tri valley took CPT to work in gas stations, which is not true. and FYI DSO can give you full time CPT if it is related to your field of study and it is not illegal.
But not working on the other side of the country. Students on F1 need to carry a full class load, and only one class/3 credits can be online, so CPT outside of normal commuting distance, even if it is in the field of study, is an indication that the person violated the F1 rules.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse in Western societies.
Also, are you really traveling halfway across the globe without learning as much as you can about where you are going?
where I warned very early about TVU.
The fact is that people chose to ignore the red flags.
They are quoting my posts...

So you are saying that any body who is coming "western" world should have degree in law!!! otherwise he should not come here..
Than please show us ur degree in law, so that we can validate and listen to your crap more seriously.

And moreover u want us to believe a forum rather than the person who is actually a university official with GOVT clearance on issuing I 20s and CPTs..

Come on !!
Oh yeah people should start believing u write in forums and everywhere...
Well than here goes one forum member saying that they doubt whether U have some sexual orientation problem or what!
So yeah we should believe on that and come to conclusion that Joe is some freak.. BECAUSE SOME one wrote in some stupid forum..

So you are saying that any body who is coming "western" world should have degree in law!!!
No, that is not what I am saying.
What I am saying is that it is your responsibility to educate yourself about things.
It is very well known that online-only studies are not allowed on F1.
And you can not use your ignorance of the law as an excuse. That concept dates back 2000 years to the Roman Empire. Otherwise, a robber could excuse his actions by saying "he didn't know that it wasn't allowed to rob somebody."
And the rest of your rambling post is below my dignity to answer. I suggest growing up and taking responsibility for your actions.

Jo1234

Which part of the case do u NOT understand.. When a DSO/President of the university and every one else say that they have permission to do that..
And GOVT have approved them to do so..
And u call SEVIS they say that TVU is certified and perfectly legal to take admission into..

and u want to compare us with Robers of roman empire..

What more do a student to do... And off course we come from India, where normal student never talk with police...
Here we are treated like hardcore criminals, chased like dogs and tagged and deported.. For god's sake we are doctors, engineers and graduate students.. Why would we do it!!!
I dont say that everyone is clean in this mess.. there are people who knew and made dirty money from this.. punish them.. not people like us..

So, again please shut up!!!!

No, that is not what I am saying.
What I am saying is that it is your responsibility to educate yourself about things.
It is very well known that online-only studies are not allowed on F1.
And you can not use your ignorance of the law as an excuse. That concept dates back 2000 years to the Roman Empire. Otherwise, a robber could excuse his actions by saying "he didn't know that it wasn't allowed to rob somebody."
And the rest of your rambling post is below my dignity to answer. I suggest growing up and taking responsibility for your actions.

SEVP put this univ in their APPROVED LIST, US embassy s all over the world approved the visas to this univ, @port of entry officers allowed to this univ, USCIS has put APPROVAL stamp in RED color on this univ i20 when applied for COS.

This is like inviting the guests to HOME, robbing them, kicking out of status w/o notice and mainly call them THE criminals/robbers.

SEVP put this univ in their APPROVED LIST, US embassy s all over the world approved the visas to this univ, @port of entry officers allowed to this univ, USCIS has put APPROVAL stamp in RED color on this univ i20 when applied for COS.
Yeah, and?
Students on F1 still can't do online-only studies.

This is like inviting the guests to HOME, robbing them, kicking out of status w/o notice and mainly call them THE criminals/robbers.
No, it isn't. It is like you being invited for dinner, and ending robbing the house.

I really suggest you tone it down. You have to accept that there were lots of people who abused CPT to work for 7-Eleven, in clothing retailers, as rent-a-cop, etc. etc. etc.
See the letter from withdrawing TVU's SEVIS approval here: http://forums.immigration.com/showt...ng-TVU-from-its-approved-list-Students-future

Last edited by a moderator:
That concept dates back 2000 years to the Roman Empire. Otherwise, a robber could excuse his actions by saying "he didn't know that it wasn't allowed to rob somebody."

Yes, that's true.....SEVP, USCIS, US consulate didn't know that it wasn't allowed to admit students to this univ.

Joe!!

so u call your self the messenger!! wow.. that's a nice word..

I agree that we should have known some more..
But I think I am a student, I am supposed to know about my subject, at which I am pretty good at.
Not read every rule there is the law book

And u want me to see your so called RED FLAGS in Forums and media..
And not believe what SEVIS, USCIS , DSO say and write..
What people issuing Visas say..