Interview : Transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut

Hello Maybesomeday,

All they needed to see was my I-485 notice copy, I-765 notice copy and my current EAD copy. Although, I had carried almost all the notices from them in chronological order. Requesting the officer worked!

My EAD was approved on 12/28/2004! The validity is from the original expiration, which tells me something that if your employer does not have problem you could continue to work!!! But before following my advise, please do consult your Attorney. My Attorney had advised me this way! I got my temporary EAD on 12/08/2004.

Mike

hi imawaiting,

finally got my interview notice from hartford yesterday after vsc transferred my case to them last june 2004 and had my 1st fingerprinting last oct 2004...my priority date was august 2003 by the way..... i'm scheduled on jan. 26th this year... my immigratio officer is DAO #1,, dont know who he/she is? any idea about him or her? i just logged on again today after several months of becoming busy from work and school.... please reply, thanks..

edvtorres

hi gpt_amt,

i'm scheduled for interview on jan 26th after my case was transferred to hartford last june, 2003... my examiner is DAO#1,, do we have the same examiner? accdg to your post here he is good to you as he approved your case :),,, i guess i will just need all the prayers and luck when i approach him on the 26th.... also,, did you bring your financial sponsor's last 3 years tax returns as noted in the attachment on the interview notice? i dont know if my sponsor/employer would allow me to have a copy of those though,,,, hoping for your attention to this matter as i trully appreciate your response....

congratulations and always take care...

edvtorres

Wish you all the Best, edvtorres

Let me congratulate you on getting the interview letter.

I think they would have instructed in the interview letter as to what you need to bring. If your case is empoyment based then your tax returns for last 3 years will be required and not your employers! All you need from your employer is the employment letter. You will also need the the pay-stub for past 6 months or so. And surely you will be required in happy mood (slightly cautious)!

I understand that when you are in waiting game you may ignore to post here for a while!

Please refresh our memory, regarding your category and other details of transfer.

Once again, Wish you all the best!

Mike

Hartford transfer

edvtorres,
You don't have to worry about it. In my case the officer mention was DAO#1. My Case was employment base so he ask me employed letter, Latest pay slip even though i carred a pay sleep for last 6 months.Son Birth Certificate and W2 for last 3 Years.

If you have all the papers then it's not going to have any problem.
Best of luck for your interview.

edvdores, when was your case transferred? Once you mentioned june 04, another time june 03. I hope it is June 04 and that will give some hope to us.

Thanks.

Mike Metal TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/7/2002)
GPT_AMIT TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD 2002) approved and stamped 22 dec, 04
imwaiting TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 6/2002)
SMT TD 08/2004 (485 RD 9/2002)
janannwill TD 8/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/02)
pibo TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
Anindya TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
FH_MIET TD 11/16/04 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3)
AHHA2005_7 TD 12/16/2004 (485 RD 10/1/2002 EB1)
edvttores TD 6/15/2004 (485 RD 8/03) INTERVIEW ON JAN 26, 05

Well, I must say that I am a little relieved just knowing that another person has finally received their interview letter. I'm still hoping and praying for the rest of us. Hoping that by latest March we would have all gotten our letters.
Keep praying guys.

gpt_amit and edvddores, Please both of you answer my question. Did you and your attorney both got the interview notice? I sometimes have a mail problem so was wondering if the attorney also get a copy.

Thanks, pibo.

My Case

Hello friends, this is my first time to post. Hope year 2005 will be the happiest year for all of us!

EB3
I-485
ND: 6/04
TD: 10/04 (were we lucky for being transferred to HFD this quickly?)
FP: :confused: Not yet (should we start worrying about this?

485 local transfer, How does one know if it is transfered

Hi there, how did u find out if your case is transferred to the local office. did ur case status got updated on www.uscis.gov.
thx.

rdp_2001 said:
RD 08/06/2001
FP 12/11/2001
EAC-01-281-5****

Anyone whose I-485 case is transferred to HARTFORD, Connecticut for Interview. Please share your valuable experience.

1. What does exactly it means to transfer the case to local office for interview.
2. Is it a good or Bad sign.
3. Do they would like to see Tax returns in person ?
4. What kind of documents they need, or I am suppose to have during the interview ?
5. Is it becuase of the lawyer's mistake anywhere in forms ?
6. Any fingerprinting problem ?
7. Any problem with I-94 ?
8. Very close Passport Expiration date?
9. Very Close to Visa Expiration date, altough EAD and AP date is far from it?

Please forgive me, if asking for more questions

Hello Pibo

It is almost certain that when you get anything on your case your attorney will certainly get copy of it, if you have an Attorney attending to your case(In EAD case you will get the card and he will get the approval notice). Postal delay could cause a couple of days delay in delivery to either one of you, but they will be in close range.

Most of the time the important step notice will be going to your attorney only. Because their fees may be dependent on the outcome of that important stage! (e.g. approval of I-140, where you as a beneficiary may not get copy but your company and attorney will get the letter. So an interview letter will certainly go to the attorney who will forward you the copy.

I hope I have answered your question. gpt_amit can shed more light.

Good Luck.
Mike

Thanks Mike metal, I am afraid that I may not get any interview notice because of postal problem, but if my attorney gets it he will definitely let me know.

Did you get any interview letter? Your date is also in may. Let's pray that you get your letter soon.

Also, from gpt_amit's post, in local offices, the spouses may not get approved/get interview letter in the same time. This is really frustrating.

485 applicant, yes, it will be updated in the website.
Pibo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike Metal TD 06/18/2004 (485 RD 10/7/2002)
GPT_AMIT TD 06/21/2004 (485 RD 2002) approved and stamped 22 dec, 04
edvttores TD 6/15/2004 (485 RD 8/03) INTERVIEW ON JAN 26, 05
imwaiting TD 08/26/2004 (485 RD 6/2002)
SMT TD 08/2004 (485 RD 9/2002)
janannwill TD 8/18/2004 (485 RD 11/29/02)
greenie05 TD 10/04 (485 RD 6/04)
pibo TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
Anindya TD 11/23/2004 (485 RD 04/07/2003)
FH_MIET TD 11/16/04 (485 ND 07/03/2004 EB3)
AHHA2005_7 TD 12/16/2004 (485 RD 10/1/2002 EB1)

Hello 485_applicant1,

485_applicant1 said:
Hi there, how did u find out if your case is transferred to the local office. did ur case status got updated on www.uscis.gov.
thx.

In general, there are three ways to you will find out if and when your case is transferred.

1. You may see it at case status online web site.
2. You may get letter from USCIS indicating the transfer.
3. Your attorney will get ltter from USCIS indicating the transfer.

There is no set rule, as to which will occur first. It is almost certain, that they all will happen in very a relatively short range of time (few days). In my case, I found out online first, then I got the letter and at last, my attorney forwarded his copy to me(within 10 days).

I am not sure as to why you posted rdp_2001's quote? It seemed like a complete novice's questionnaire. If you need answer to those questions please let me know!

Mike

We contacted our congress men. He send a letter to INS office last month. He didn't get any reply till last week. Again he called Hartford INS office on firday. They told they reciceved around 5000 employment based application. So interview may take any time from 10 to 12 month from the date they recived the application. So keep your finger crosed. Hope for the best.

hi pibo,

i got a copy of inteview notice from hartford showing that they furnished a copy also to my lawyer. if u didnt get ur copy you should check with your lawyer to see if he got his copy and have them sent you atleast a photocopy of that...

anyway, my case was transferred to hartford from vermont last june 19, 2004 and NOT 2003, sorry for the confusion, had my 1st finger printing done last aug. 2004, my case is employment based, 245i candidate, concurrent filing. i guess thats all about there is.

thanks for all the great wishes you've given me and i am really anxious and excited as well as to the outcome of the interview on january 26th, 2004..

good luck to everyone...

here is something might help you..... i made 2 case enquiry requests, 1st one, i got a confirmation letter from hartford that they got my request a month after i called the bcis customer service, next thing i did, i called the vsc hotline/customer service again for the 2nd enquiry as to why i didnt get any result from hartford as they have promised to send me the result of their investigation, to my surprise, i got the appt notice as opposed to confirmation enquiry notice for the 2nd enquiry i made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi edvttores, thanks for the reply. I have a few questions. Can you do status inquiry with VSC when your case is already transferred? Also, how did you initiate inquiry in Hartford?

Thanks and all the best.

Pibo