Interview today at Jacksonville DO

srimango

Registered Users (C)
Had mine and my wife's today. Our time was 7:30 AM for my wife and 7:50 AM for me.

They did not call us until 7:45. My wife went first and then me (same officer interviewed both of us). It took 10 minutes for each. As mentioned in innumerable posts, the lady reviewed the N400, asked me to read and write and asked questions. 6 and then stopped.

She stamped "Approved" on N400 and gave me the N652 with "recommended for approval" checked. She said that we will get another notice to appear for oath.

It ended so quickly and very easy. She was surprised that we prepared so well. Did not ask any extra documents not mentioned in the letter. Just the GC and passports (I had 2) and driver's license.

I signed the 2 photographs on the side as she mentioned.

One more step closer to become a citizen.

Had mine and my wife's today. Our time was 7:30 AM for my wife and 7:50 AM for me.

They did not call us until 7:45. My wife went first and then me (same officer interviewed both of us). It took 10 minutes for each. As mentioned in innumerable posts, the lady reviewed the N400, asked me to read and write and asked questions. 6 and then stopped.

She stamped "Approved" on N400 and gave me the N652 with "recommended for approval" checked. She said that we will get another notice to appear for oath.

It ended so quickly and very easy. She was surprised that we prepared so well. Did not ask any extra documents not mentioned in the letter. Just the GC and passports (I had 2) and driver's license.

Congratualtion to you.

For others that are from Jacksonville area, the associates at Jacksonville DO are very nice except for the security officers at the door! Once you get pass the security offiecers, you usually do not have too much to worry!

Congratulations. Jacksonville rocks,, Tampa is slow... My timeline almost same as yours, completed FP on May 9, 2008 with the PD of April 18, 2008, no near sight of any interview letter. God knows how long does it take...

Sonny ( Tampa, FL)

It cracks me up that time and time again forum members mention how IOs seem surprised that applicants were prepared. I mean, what do they think the interviews are for? Free lunch? A timeshare presentation that promises a free vacation if you only attend? I mean come on! This sadly demonstrates the lack of understanding that the decision to immigrate and acquire a new nationality is one that isn't taken lightly. What a joke.

It cracks me up that time and time again forum members mention how IOs seem surprised that applicants were prepared. I mean, what do they think the interviews are for? Free lunch? A timeshare presentation that promises a free vacation if you only attend? I mean come on! This sadly demonstrates the lack of understanding that the decision to immigrate and acquire a new nationality is one that isn't taken lightly. What a joke.

Perhaps this can be explained by how many times IOs see applicants come unprepared to the interview.

Did you ask how long it will be for the oathe letter. Congratulations to you and your wife, I am having mine on 7/16/08 only 2 weeks away, have any ideas when the oathe will take place?

Hi srimango and others from Jacksonville. Does jacksonville offer interview and oath on the same day in anyones experience? How much is the gap between interview and oath?

Thanks.

Nope. The interview and Oath for Jax is NOT on the same day. It usually takes upto 2 months (usually 1 month) for the oath date. There is atleast 1 ceremony scheduled every month.

Oath

I have not received our oath letters. I am surely anxious to get it done as soon as possible. But my guess is it won't happen until Mid August.

Congratulations!

You were lucky you and your wife got interviews on the same day, others have been given dates weeks or months apart.

Did you apply together in one envelope, make payment for both on one check? Would help us to know. Thanks.

Hi Timali,

We applied together, and send it same envelope. But we paid two separate checks. But we got the FP on the same date and now our interview is on the same date, in fact at the same time.

Thanks,
Akapoor

Nope. The interview and Oath for Jax is NOT on the same day. It usually takes upto 2 months (usually 1 month) for the oath date. There is atleast 1 ceremony scheduled every month.

Thanks for the reply folks. I sure wish the best to everyone. If any updates please post.

Thanks.
ARONLINE