Interview Reschedule Experiences

eltoro

Registered Users (C)
Hey all,

I am looking for interview reschedule experiences. How long you had to wait for another interview letter if you rescheduled your original appointment?

I'll be eligible to file N-400 in a few days. Based on Atlanta N-400 timeline thread the processing time averages just a little over 4 months - that makes it probable the interview will be scheduled some time in August. I am going to be traveling throughout most of August and it's possible I will need to reschedule the interview.

So should I file now or should I delay filing until May (that'd put me in September timeframe for the interview)?

Why not just include a cover letter detailing when you will be away. They should take account of this when scheduling your interview.

Why not delay filing until you can make sure the trip will not jeopardize anything? 4 months is way faster than many other DO.

I am in the exact same position. I am making a trip out pf country just when I am about to get the IL.

I plan to reschedule if I get the IL in next 3 weeks when I am gone.

After filing you will receive fp letter that also you need to reschedule if it falls the timeframe you will be gone.

Why not just include a cover letter detailing when you will be away. They should take account of this when scheduling your interview.

That's an excellent suggestion, thank you.

I can delay filing N-400 but I am in "get it done with" mood right now :)

I am in the exact same position. I am making a trip out pf country just when I am about to get the IL.

I plan to reschedule if I get the IL in next 3 weeks when I am gone.

please see what happened to me. I requested a reschedule and my case is denied. So please don't reschedule. Reschedule your trip.

please see what happened to me. I requested a reschedule and my case is denied. So please don't reschedule. Reschedule your trip.

Greencard and naturalization interview are not the same. They can't deny your naturalization case if you request your IL to be rescheduled.