interview questions. urgent, please!

smiling

my wife filed I485 as following-to-join to my case and I was petitioned by my father. I got my case approved and now my wife got the interview notice (San Diego district office). on the notice it says "petitioner must be present". However, in my wife\'s case, who is the petitioner, me or my father? when my wife was filing I485, the affidavit form she handed in was filed by my father, with my name as the primary beneficiary. but since my case has been approved and my wife\'s case is just a derivative from mine, is it still necessary for my father to go to the interview? The reason I\'m asking is that my father doesn\'t live in san diego and it\'s not convenient for him to travel a long way here. and if it\'s necessary, I have to buy flight ticket immeidately. your quick answer is highly appreciated.

No Title

whoever petitioned you and it sounds like your father. He must be present unless he has a serious condition where he can\'t travel then you should call INS for more info in what to do in that case, you might need a doctors notice indicating why he can\'t appear. But best suggestion bring him with you.