Interview Notice Received - Newark DO

manojimm

Registered Users (C)
Received the interview notice on 05/07/2005

Interview Date: 07/18/2005

Time period: 2hrs.

Is the time period standard ? Are all letters in with this time period?. Does this mean that the Oath will be a separate date??? .

Regards

Manojimm

Newark DO

Hi Congrats and thats quick processing...i believe for Newark the Interview and Oath date is the same....so all your processes will be done on that day itself (God willing)

Also please let me know 1) if after your fingerprinting did you follow up with FBI or USCIS to check whether they got cleared. 2) When did your status show up at USCIS website...mine is still not visisble.

TIA

I am getting a bit nervous now after not having recieved FP notice and it has been 60 days since filing and receiving N400 reciept. I am under Newark DO too.

Is there a way I can query VSC to get a status? Since all the posts I have seen for Newark have got FP done in 40 days? The risk is if my letter is lost in the mail then I am just sitting duck and case is not going to progress?

Rahul others, please advise!

TIA - futcitizen.

i had a similar problem with my fingerprints, i filed my case last May in Boston and till Feburary this yr had not fingerprints notice, the Customer serivce kept on telling me to wait another 30 days each and every time i called, i even put in a written request.
Finally i was able to get an appt thru infopass and went to the DO office and was told my notice was sent in June last yr which i never got, luckily i got my notice the same day from my infopass appt and my case progressed from there.
i would advice u take an infopass appt and go to ur local DO office.

manojimm said:
Received the interview notice on 05/07/2005

Interview Date: 07/18/2005

Time period: 2hrs.

Is the time period standard ? Are all letters in with this time period?. Does this mean that the Oath will be a separate date??? .

Regards

Manojimm

congrat... however, how could you receive the interview notice in the future (5/7 vs 5/3 today)?

Thanks bostonimmigrant.

So to be clear on this,
1. I should make an InfoPass appointment and tell them I haven't recieved the FP letter.
2. If it was already mailed they will give me a fresh letter,
3. Go to Newark DO and get FP done

Please correct if I overlooked something!

TIA

Newark DO

Sorry Typo - Notice Received on 4/27/2005 not 05/07/2005.

Interview Date: 07/18/2005.

NJ-N400 I did not call FBI or USCIS to check on fingerprints or any other thing. Also never checked with the website.. i hear seeing it or not seeing it does not mean a thing.

I am just letting it follow the normal course without getting myself crazy with this whole process. Unless I see my case is not progressing at the same speed as others, I do not want to add more work to the people who are also processing our cases thus slowing all of us down even further.

Regards

ManojImm

Infopass question

BostonImmigrant,
When you make the infopass appointment, do you get to pick the day you want to go for an appointment or do they just give you a date. I am having the same problem as futcitiz. It has been 45 days since my notice date and I know Boston is typically quick with fingerprinting notices (my brother and sisters received their's is 2-3 weeks). I have to make an urgent trip out of the country on June 2nd for about a month and I was hoping that I would be done with my FP by then but it seems that this is not the case. I am getting very frustrated.

when i tried to get an appt thru infopass, it gave quite a few dates and times i could choose from. I am sure it varies from Office to Office, regradless you should just take the earliest appt u can get, thru them or your own pick.
And what you wrote is complete, all you can do at this stage is go to the DO office and check if a fingerprint letter was ever sent out. Its only at the office they can check and look at the status of your case, these customer service ppl are useless, they know less then you would probably know.
good luk.

I am thinking of walking in to the Newark DO next week as INFOPass does not give any appointments online. Is this feasilble?? Anybody done this before.

I think VSC has a consistent track record to have FP done in around 40 days. Since my case has passed 2 months I am thinking that the letter is lost in the mail and need some way to jump start my case!

Please advice. TIA.

futcitizen said:
I am thinking of walking in to the Newark DO next week as INFOPass does not give any appointments online. Is this feasilble?? Anybody done this before.

I think VSC has a consistent track record to have FP done in around 40 days. Since my case has passed 2 months I am thinking that the letter is lost in the mail and need some way to jump start my case!

Please advice. TIA.
My advice is , if the DO is not that far from you then go ahead man. Many times you have to "Spark-up" your case!

Thanks Sony, will try that.

The only reason I asked, I think InfoPass officers do not entertain you without an appointment. Will try my luck :(

I have applied for Natz based on the 3 year rule, so I wasn't sure if these applications go to a seperate queue...

Any ideas?

Thanks Sony, will try that.

The only reason I asked, I think InfoPass officers do not entertain you without an appointment. Will try my luck :(

I have applied for Natz based on the 3 year rule, so I wasn't sure if these applications go to a seperate queue...

Any ideas?