Interview in NYC

ss2004

Registered Users (C)
I filed my N-400 in New York in Feb 2003, and have an interview scheduled on Feb 6, 2004.

Would appreciate any feedback from any recent interviewees in NYC as to the nature of the interview and wait-time afterward for processing in NYC

Thank you very much

Hi SS2004,
You can read old post regarding this. Few days back hm11 post his experience. So far what I have read from this schedule board regarding interview, it's very straight forward and shouldn't be hectic. Don't worry too much, have your paper work ready ( taxes ) you should be fine. Don't forget to share your experience when you are done. I am also from NYC, and waiting for interview. Priority date is Jul 03. Would you please share how long ago you got your interview letter. Wish you all the best to your interview & oath.

Choyty

Hi everyone,

It's my first visit on this forum, I came to gather information about my N-400 and I found this thread. I am also scheduled for interview on Febr.6 at Garden City, and am glad to find out that I will not be alone :))... I filed N-400 on Dec 2002, got fingerprinted in february 2003 and received the letter for interview on dec 30, 2003. I'm quite nervous about the interview, bec. it is scheduled very early in the morning and I don't know exactly how to get there. I don't drive and cannot find out if there is any public transportation to that location. Does anybody know how long is the trip from Queens to Garden City? Thank you very much for your answer.

I'm quite nervous about the interview, bec. it is scheduled very early in the morning and I don't know exactly how to get there. I don't drive and cannot find out if there is any public transportation to that location.

Don't worry. Mineola train station is nearby. You can take LIRR from Penn Station if it suits you. From Mineola you have to take a cab for Garden City. Or take a cab from Queens to Graden City. This is a one time expense and you don't want to be late. They start interview promptly.
Ask other people who commute to Long Island from Queens they can give you better idea.
Good luck and don't forget to post your interview experience.
When is your interview? What is your timeline?

Thank you all for your reponses. Particularly hm11 for the detailed posting

My details :
app : jan 30, 2003
priority : feb 5, 2003
fingerprinting : march 25, 2003
disappered from online system :early dec, 2003
interview letter received : dec 20, 2003
interview date : feb 6, 2004

will keep progress posted
good luck to all

Last edited by a moderator:
Garden City vs. NYC

Hi,

Are all NY applicants sent to Garden City? I am from Queens - will I have to go to NYC instead? Does anyone know if the timeline is similar for NYC or longer than the Garden City timeline?

Thanks!

RatRat

Thank you ss2004. We will look forward to your interview experience at Garden City.

ratrat:
Are all NY applicants sent to Garden City? I am from Queens - will I have to go to NYC instead? Does anyone know if the timeline is similar for NYC or longer than the Garden City timeline?

I guess all NY metro area (Queens, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan & Long Island) applicants fall in Garden City Office. As for as timeline is concerned, both offices are busy and the timeline should be same.

Timeline discrepancies

According to ss2004's timeline, they are processing Feb 2003 cases now, but the district office information for the NYC office (on the USCIS website) says they are processing Nov 2002 cases...

Is this just a discrepancy, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ratrat

how fast are they processing?

Does anyone know how fast they are processing - someone mentioned that last month they were processing October 2002 (but I am not sure about this) - is it true?

If it is true, I guess they will be on to December 2002 by next month...it's slow going but I'm almost there...my PD is 03/27/2003...

Thanks!

Ratrat

Case Status Disappeared

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that my case status disappeared so I suppose I will recieve my interview letter in the next 1-4 weeks...(fingers crossed)

I am in NYC (Garden City I guess) and my timeline is as follows:

PD: 03/27/2003
FD: 05/08/2003
Case Status Online Disappearance: 01/31/2004
Interview: ?
Oath: ?

I am not sure Nov 2002 on the USCIS website for NYC District Processing is right...since my timeline seems to be following ss2004's pretty closely...

Good luck everyone!

Ratrat

received interview letter

Hi Ratrat and everybody else,
I received my interview letter, today.

PD 05/30/03
recv letter for FP 07/11/03
FP 08/01/03

online status disappeared on the last week of January 2004

recv. letter of interview notice on 02/02/04

Interview is on 04/21/04 at Federal Plaza in Manahattan (not Grarden City).

Ratrat, please let me know where you have to go for the interview.

I live in New York City. Always have did since I got the green card. As well I didn't apply for a name change.

Which borough?

Hi p8085,

Which borough are you in?

I don't know if there is any pattern - it's quite possible they send some NYC residents to Garden City and some to Federal Plaza...

I will update when I get my letter...

:D

Ratrat

Hi SS2004,
How did your interview go? Hope everything went fine. Please share your experience with us. Thanks

Received Interview Letter

Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know I got my interview letter...

PD: 03/27/2003
FD: 05/08/2003
Case Status Online Disappearance: 01/31/2004
Interview Letter Received: 02/09/2004
Interview: 05/20/2004
Oath: ?

Interview is in Garden City...

I see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! :D

I will keep everyone posted!

ss2004, can you post your interview experience? Anyone else recently have an interview at Garden City?

Ratrat