• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview in London nov 25

Ginette

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,

I had interview in London 2 days ago. Everybody was very nice.
US consular said that everything is fine, except I need I-134.
I just called my friend in US and he is not sure if he is going to do that.

Does anybody know what should I do if I will not have I-134?

oh, I'm sorry to hear that, but that's interesting to know. Didnt you bring paystubs or bank statements to show you would not be a public charge?

Hi Ginette,

I am sorry to hear that.

I think you have to provide them an afidavit of support. No way to get around.

May I know how many people are in your case and what is your assets (Bank account balance and if you own any property)?

Hello all,

I had interview in London 2 days ago. Everybody was very nice.
US consular said that everything is fine, except I need I-134.
I just called my friend in US and he is not sure if he is going to do that.

Does anybody know what should I do if I will not have I-134?

If you have a relative, you could do a form I-864. I don't know of a way around it! Sorry!

oh, I'm sorry to hear that, but that's interesting to know. Didnt you bring paystubs or bank statements to show you would not be a public charge?

Hi Kiefar, yes I showed them my payslips and bank statement.
They told me that it's not enough for 1 year.

Hi Ginette,

I am sorry to hear that.

I think you have to provide them an afidavit of support. No way to get around.

May I know how many people are in your case and what is your assets (Bank account balance and if you own any property)?

Hi USHolic,

actually I'm not upset at all, 'cos the worst is behind my back and I still have time.
I'm just one in my case. I personally don't own any property (my parents do)
I have a car $2600 worth :D which I also showed to them and $10 000 in my bank account. They told me that I should have at least $15 000 and I-134.
I'm in UK 1 year and 2 months and I moved here with 2000 pounds. I didn't have time to save more money :)

A car isn't worth nything, specially not if the car is abroad, but even a car over here isn't seen as property or assetts counting towards money to support your self...It is a tool to bring you from point A to point B which might be your work...

A car can be driving today but brake down tomorrow or you can get in an accident and you have no car any more...that is the reason.

Money is necessary to overcome the time till you get work and a decent income...you need money to live some where, buy food and pay for health care in case you need to visit a doctor, pay for car ins. which is mandatory, etc...

Hi Ginette,

I am happy that you are not upset at all. Yes, you have time to find a sponsor and as soon as you submit form i-134, you get your GC.

Also thanks for sharing your info with me. I don't know why when you have money as much as poverty guidelines, then you should have sponsor as well.

I am sure you will sort it out very soon.

A car isn't worth nything, specially not if the car is abroad, but even a car over here isn't seen as property or assetts counting towards money to support your self...It is a tool to bring you from point A to point B which might be your work...

A car can be driving today but brake down tomorrow or you can get in an accident and you have no car any more...that is the reason.

Money is necessary to overcome the time till you get work and a decent income...you need money to live some where, buy food and pay for health care in case you need to visit a doctor, pay for car ins. which is mandatory, etc...

You are so right bentlebee. Thanks for information

Hi Ginette,

I am happy that you are not upset at all. Yes, you have time to find a sponsor and as soon as you submit form i-134, you get your GC.

Also thanks for sharing your info with me. I don't know why when you have money as much as poverty guidelines, then you should have sponsor as well.

I am sure you will sort it out very soon.

Hi USAHolic,

my friends said that he will go to attorney on monday and ask him about
I-134. So I have a hope now.

Do you live in UK as well?

Hi Ginette,

Yes, I live in UK.

It is good that your friend ask about it. Please let me know the results of it.

I have some friends in U.S. but I don't know how to ask them to sponsor me. I think it's a big responsibility and I don't want to bug people although i am not sure if I need sponsor or not.

It will be alright. don't worry.

Keep in thouch.

It is a big responsibility...if for whatever reason you have financial issues and apply for certain benefits the sponsor can be held responsible and has to come with money...

Maybe it hasn't happened to much in the past, but due to how the economy is right now and the unemployment, you can be sure they will go after people in the future.

It is a big responsibility...if for whatever reason you have financial issues and apply for certain benefits the sponsor can be held responsible and has to come with money...

Maybe it hasn't happened to much in the past, but due to how the economy is right now and the unemployment, you can be sure they will go after people in the future.

I've never used any benefits and I will make sure I will never use them.
I moved to UK during crisis and found a job without any problems while most of my friends still have no job or earn minimum salary.
It's a big responsibility 4 my friend to sign I-134 but he knows me long enough and also he opened a new company and already asked me if I would like to work 4 him.

I've never used any benefits and I will make sure I will never use them.
I moved to UK during crisis and found a job without any problems while most of my friends still have no job or earn minimum salary.
It's a big responsibility 4 my friend to sign I-134 but he knows me long enough and also he opened a new company and already asked me if I would like to work 4 him.

And of course if I will work 4 him I will start only after I get SSN

Congrats that is great that you got a job offer so soon. I know most people aren't out there to use the system but some are and in todays economy more are trying to use the system...they have a check the foreigners who they let into the country but if I look around me than I see a lot of American's "over using" the system by not paying mortgages and HOA fees and living for free as long as they can...luckily one HO is moving out today after having used the system for years and in 2 days her home will be auctioned off...which to the rest of HO is good news, we are glad she is moving out after not even trying to get a job and committing fraud...

Congrats that is great that you got a job offer so soon. I know most people aren't out there to use the system but some are and in todays economy more are trying to use the system...they have a check the foreigners who they let into the country but if I look around me than I see a lot of American's "over using" the system by not paying mortgages and HOA fees and living for free as long as they can...luckily one HO is moving out today after having used the system for years and in 2 days her home will be auctioned off...which to the rest of HO is good news, we are glad she is moving out after not even trying to get a job and committing fraud...

Thanks bentlebee :)

Hello everybody. I have some news.
My friend sent I-134 1 week ago directly to US embassy in London :)
On my interview (almost 1 month ago) they gave me blue sheet and my passport back.
Because I'm planning to stay with my sponsor for some time I need to change US adress.
Should I just call them and then send my passport? If I will need to send my passport do I still need to show them balance in my bank account ?
Thanks

On my interview (almost 1 month ago) they gave me blue sheet and my passport back.
Because I'm planning to stay with my sponsor for some time I need to change US adress.
Should I just call them and then send my passport? If I will need to send my passport do I still need to show them balance in my bank account ?
Thanks

Do you have a copy of the affidavit of support? If not, call the embassy and explain to them that the I-134 that they requested during your interview has been sent to them and you want to find out what to do next. If you have a copy, take it with you to the embassy.

With the I-134 in hand, you don't need to show any bank balance.

Thanks

Congrat Gintte,

better you call the embassy.

my interview will also be in London. Please share with us a bit about the details of the interview when you can.

best of luck

Lome

Congrat Gintte,

better you call the embassy.

my interview will also be in London. Please share with us a bit about the details of the interview when you can.

best of luck

Lome

HI LOME

I am a Nigerian and I did my interview in London couple of weeks ago and these are the things that are still delaying my VISA being issued.

Make sure u do the fingerprint for ur police certificate in UK and then send it to Nigeria for the certificate to be issued. They dont accept the fingerprint that was done in Nigeria. U must do it here in the UK and then send it to Nigeria for issuance of the certificate. It will cost u around £70 - £75 to do the fingerprint here in the UK.

Also make sure u ask ur sponsor (i.e the person giving u I-134) to also send his/her 2008 1040 Federal Tax Forms together with the affidavit of support form, bank statement, employment letter and so on.

Also if u are using church birth certificate, make sure u get any govt issued birth certificate or declaration of age. U can get the declaration of age done at the Nigerian House in London.

If all the above things are ok together with the rest of ur documents, be rest assured u will get ur visa without any delay. The interview in london is so easy, no stress at all compare to all the interview experience that people that did theirs in Nigeria have shared so far.

Good Luck