Interview in July at Manchester NH - oath??

kadvani

Registered Users (C)
So we went thru the process in NH and all was fine including the interview which took place on July 19th. At the time of interviews we were told that the oath would take place in October.

Well its not yet October, but not having seen anything in the mail and reading a few horror stories in some of the threads causes me to feel a bit uneasy.

Can someone explain what all happens between the interview and the oath and how long can the wait be in the worst of cases.

Gosh, I thought that I was done with the INS ordeals - not yet I guess :-(

Name Check et al

OK, I did some additional reading and realized that the name check has to be completed before one gets to the oath stage. So the questions:

1. What is the best way for one to find whether the name check is complete?
2. Can the local office be trusted when they provide this information?
3. Once the name check is cleared, what are the remaining hurdles?

Thanks,
KA

kadvani said:
Can someone explain what all happens between the interview and the oath and how long can the wait be in the worst of cases.

Gosh, I thought that I was done with the INS ordeals - not yet I guess :-(

Timeframe between interview and oath can vary for every applicant. It can be two weeks or two years.
It depends on several factors e.g name check, name change, fingerprints, location of alien file, tax documents ect. I would suggest that you wait atleast 90 days for oath letter. After this period start your status check inquiries. Good Luck.

That's right: depends on the situation
I waited for 3.5 months and yesterday faxed my name check request to fbi.
Will see what happens.

All set - Citizens as of this morning

We got our oath letters 3 weeks back and as of this morning we are US citizens. Thanks to all of you for a wonderful forum that has helped countless souls.

Keep up the good work.
Kamlesh
PS: I did approach our local senator's office and they were very helpful tracking our case. I would encourage people to use this channel for getting accurate answers.

congratulations!

few questions..
. how long should i wait before approaching senators?.
. did you get the oath letters because of them?

Thanks and congratulations again!

Just start as soon as you feel uncomfortable...

I would suggest a 2 month wait, but it all depends on your patience levels. Mine is generally very short :)

I can't say one way or another if my oath letters were due to their help.

Good luck!
Kamlesh