• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Interview experience needed!

Makforex

Registered Users (C)
Hello house, my wife is the winner of the lottery and we a going for interview on january with 2 kids, pls can someone enlighten us on likely questions they can ask us then secondly can i choose sponsor in nigeria? though i have someone i can stay with in usa but can't sponsor us but i have enough sponsor that can stand for me in nigeria. Pls ur advice 'll count. Thanks.

The only thing i would tell you is, be truthful while answering in the interview. This would lead to better result. All the best !!!

Hello house, my wife is the winner of the lottery and we a going for interview on january with 2 kids, pls can someone enlighten us on likely questions they can ask us then secondly can i choose sponsor in nigeria? though i have someone i can stay with in usa but can't sponsor us but i have enough sponsor that can stand for me in nigeria. Pls ur advice 'll count. Thanks.

You cannot use a sponsor from nigeria. The laws requires that the sponsor should be either a U.S citizen or someone with a legal permanent residence in the U.S. If one sponsor does not have enough funds, you can try a joint sponsorship.

Thanks mantutu, are u from nigeria?i want to know how long it will take to complete medical exams?
2012AF00014xxxReceived 1NL on 16th July, 2011
Sent to KCC on 28th aug, 2011
Confirmed by KCC on 1st sep, 2011
Received 2nd NL on 4th Nov,2011
Police Clearance:not yet
Medical:not yet
INTERVIEW; jan 2012
VISA PICK;awaiting
POE

Thanks mantutu, are u from nigeria?i want to know how long it will take to complete medical exams?
INTERVIEW; jan 2012
VISA PICK;awaiting
POE

It takes 2 to 3 days to complete medical exams in Nigeria

INTERVIEW; jan 2012
VISA PICK;awaiting
POE

The interview was done within 5 to 7 minutes with a lot of questions which were simple but technical unless u prepare 4 it u might be able to get it. I want to appreciate all good people in this forum who have been there to assist, i pray that the Lord Almighty will bless u more abundantly in Jesus name, amen.
The DV was won by my wife, so she is the Principal applicant while i enjoyed derivative status. I want to state here that, the proof of funds or affidavit of support as sm pple say was not requested at all from us, all they requested for was marriage certificate, medicals, police cert, nysc cert, waec cert, birth cert,vaccine result for my wife being the principal applicant, my own, only photocopy of waec cert, original vaccine result, medicals birth cert, and our passport. No question on proof of funds! I think there is need to pray for a good CO, the one that will favour u.

Here is my experience at the interview. I will try as much to be brief.. We got there on time with all our documents which include the following.
Wife: Original police report, birth cert, wedding cert, waec cert, nysc cert, bsc cert, medicals report, vacciones report , professionals cert, A level cert, but A level cert was returned to us. They requested for a photocopies of all the document collected. They also collcetd a passport photograph with internataional passport.
Myself: original birth cert, police cert, medicals report, vaccines report, a passport photograph with intl paasport and photocopies of waec cert, etc.

we were told to pay non refundable fee of $819* 2=$1,638 at window 21. then we started waiting for like almost 3 hours alot of pple are been denied while some few others are been granted visas. i will state here that, prayer works, some consular officers are very tough wile some are good and friendly. Pls pray for favour. at last we were called to window 16 for real business.

CO: Good morning
We: good morning.
CO raise ur right hand to swear to say the truth
We: we did
finger print were taken.
CO; ur wife is the principal winner so u either go and sit down or stand behind her, ok
We: I would stand
CO; ok
CO; What is ur highest qualification?
my wife: Bsc deqree in bus adm.
CO: How long does it take to finish ur degree
wife: answer
CO what are the courses u offered in the university
wife; financial accounting, cost accounting marketing etc
CO Which one do like most?
wife: marketing
CO; why do like marketing
wife answer
CO, can u tell me title of the project u wrote in ur final year?
wife:answer
CO can u tell me how productivity is achieved by workers motivation, (from the prokect)
wife. answered vry well making reference to maslow theory of needs in relations to workers need to actualised stated objectives.
CO; hw many section do u have in mathematics in ur waec exams
wife: 2 section, 1 theory, other , objectives
CO, when did u married
wife answer
CO. can i see ur wedding pics
I brought out big album containing different ones
CO, asking me, where did u met ur wife
myself: University
CO, so u went to university as well
myself yes
CO what course did u studied
myself, answered
CO, u are eligible for the visas, i will give u, congratulations
CO; who would be coming to pick ur visas
wife; my husband
Co; congratulations again
we. thank you.

He who hath a good works in me will perfect it in Jesus name, amen. Thanks

thank God for u

it nice to hear your story. I have been sheduled for feb 23. I just cant wait for that day to pass by. Pls house we need ur prayers

My Experince

Jummy is a forum identity, as jummy is a married guy with a six year old kid. I reside in Nigeria, a graduate of Physics/Electronic from yaba college of Technology. I work in a multinational Manufacturing company for over a Decade and was at the verge of retiring to my own business. I had built my IT business over time along side with my wife. I had just some few months of retiring before I became a winner of lottery visa. I am also a bit good in graphic and help work on some guy’s lottery passport. I just decided to try it. I never give it a thought after that day, though momentarily after I sent it I mustered a silent prayer that if God want me to leave the country “may his will be done”. Lo and behold I overheard some guys “gisting” …that the earlier result was canceled and a new result had been released… and when I checked it, I happened to be a winner. It took me and my wife a week before we finally decide opt for it as our business was already doing well. Hence, we did not process our application form early to fully benefit our lower case number of ……
Our interview was slated for 7am on 17th Nov, 2011.We got to the consular by 6:00am on the spot, by 6.30am we were checked and given a particular number where we were asked to go and make payment.
After the payment we were asked to wait and we were later called to a counter where our documents were accessed.
Documents accessed include:
• Birth Certificates (3 of us)
• Marriage certificate(s)(We gave them Our registry marriage certificate and registry marriage certificate)
• Police report
• Medical Reports
• Educational certificate of the principal applicant only.

Then we were asked to wait again, after which the moment we have been waiting for came. This time we were called forward for the interview proper.

The interviewer is a white, he forgot to asked us to take the normal oath.
The interviewer told us that the questions will be categorized into:
• Academic
• Job related and
• Relationship based questions.

INTERVIEW (ACADEMIC BASED QUESTIONS)

Ques. You said you finished from the University?(pointing to my HND certificate)
Ans. ------------
Ques. What was your project topic?
Ans. ------------
Ques. What was your project topic all about?
Ans. (Explain in detail and also its relevance)
Ques. Can you mention some of the courses you offered while in school?
Ans. -----------------------
Ques. What was your most difficult subject and why?
Ans. ------------------------
Ques. What was your best subject and why?

JOB RELATED BASED QUESTIONS
Ques. Where do you work presently?
Ans. ------------------
Ques. Is it a manufacturing based company?
Ans. ------------------
Quest. What is your job function?
Ans. ------------------

RELATIONSHIP BASED QUESTIONS(This time around he turned to my wife and said)
Ques. When did you wed?
Ans. -------------------
Ques. When did you gave birth to your child?
Ans. -------------------
Ques. Do you have any proof of your relationship?
Ans. Yes. Then we proceeded by bringing out our Photo album and flip through it as fast as possible. At this point he was satisfied and asked who will be coming to pick up the Visa and I responded that I will be coming then he congratulated us and wished us a happy stay in the USA.
my interview only lasted for 5 minutes.Just be confident and honest with yourself and make sure you prepare adequately for the interview and all will be definitely well.

DV2012AF00000XXX
Entry Checked: 07.19.2011
Forms sent to KCC by DHL: 08.06.2011
Forms received by KCC according to DHL: 08.09.2011
Confirmed by KCC via email after inquiry mail sent to them: 09.13.11
current:November
2nd NL: 09.13.2011
Medicals:09:21-22:2011
Police Report:09:21:2011
Interview: 11.17.2011-Successful!!!
Visa picked:11:25:2011
Port Of Entry:Texas ?

Psalm 46;10-11

@jummy, congrbutlatio! And thanks for sharing ur experience. I want to know if they asked you of affidavit of support and your NYSC certificate at the interview?

Congratulations

jummy is a forum identity, as jummy is a married guy with a six year old kid. I reside in nigeria, a graduate of physics/electronic from yaba college of technology. I work in a multinational manufacturing company for over a decade and was at the verge of retiring to my own business. I had built my it business over time along side with my wife. I had just some few months of retiring before i became a winner of lottery visa. I am also a bit good in graphic and help work on some guy’s lottery passport. I just decided to try it. I never give it a thought after that day, though momentarily after i sent it i mustered a silent prayer that if god want me to leave the country “may his will be done”. Lo and behold i overheard some guys “gisting” …that the earlier result was canceled and a new result had been released… and when i checked it, i happened to be a winner. It took me and my wife a week before we finally decide opt for it as our business was already doing well. Hence, we did not process our application form early to fully benefit our lower case number of ……
our interview was slated for 7am on 17th nov, 2011.we got to the consular by 6:00am on the spot, by 6.30am we were checked and given a particular number where we were asked to go and make payment.
After the payment we were asked to wait and we were later called to a counter where our documents were accessed.
Documents accessed include:
• birth certificates (3 of us)
• marriage certificate(s)(we gave them our registry marriage certificate and registry marriage certificate)
• police report
• medical reports
• educational certificate of the principal applicant only.

Then we were asked to wait again, after which the moment we have been waiting for came. This time we were called forward for the interview proper.

The interviewer is a white, he forgot to asked us to take the normal oath.
The interviewer told us that the questions will be categorized into:
• academic
• job related and
• relationship based questions.

Interview (academic based questions)

ques. You said you finished from the university?(pointing to my hnd certificate)
ans. ------------
ques. What was your project topic?
Ans. ------------
ques. What was your project topic all about?
Ans. (explain in detail and also its relevance)
ques. Can you mention some of the courses you offered while in school?
Ans. -----------------------
ques. What was your most difficult subject and why?
ques. What was your best subject and why?

job related based questions
ques. Where do you work presently?
Ans. ------------------
ques. Is it a manufacturing based company?
Ans. ------------------
quest. What is your job function?
Ans. ------------------

relationship based questions(this time around he turned to my wife and said)
ques. When did you wed?
Ans. -------------------
ques. When did you gave birth to your child?
Ans. -------------------
ques. Do you have any proof of your relationship?
Ans. Yes. Then we proceeded by bringing out our photo album and flip through it as fast as possible. At this point he was satisfied and asked who will be coming to pick up the visa and i responded that i will be coming then he congratulated us and wished us a happy stay in the usa.
My interview only lasted for 5 minutes.just be confident and honest with yourself and make sure you prepare adequately for the interview and all will be definitely well.

Dv2012af00000xxx
entry checked: 07.19.2011
forms sent to kcc by dhl: 08.06.2011
forms received by kcc according to dhl: 08.09.2011
confirmed by kcc via email after inquiry mail sent to them: 09.13.11
current:november
2nd nl: 09.13.2011
medicals:09:21-22:2011
police report:09:21:2011
interview: 11.17.2011-successful!!!
Visa picked:11:25:2011
port of entry:texas ?

Psalm 46;10-11

i feel so happy to have a living testimony of a 2012 dv winner.. I'm so happy for you jummy. All the best, america here jummy comes.. Wow.

@jummy, congrbutlatio! And thanks for sharing ur experience. I want to know if they asked you of affidavit of support and your NYSC certificate at the interview?

I went there fully prepared with:
-My Affidavit of support
-Nysc certificate
-All my testimonial
-my Stock statement
-My bank statement

But all these were not required,i really went through a lot to get the affidavit of support, But all these were not needed for Nigerian.
I bet you, Nigerian are to good to need affidavit of support for survival over there.But you really need to be prepared psycological for the Question.
It is really important.

The interview was done within 5 to 7 minutes with a lot of questions which were simple but technical unless u prepare 4 it u might be able to get it. I want to appreciate all good people in this forum who have been there to assist, i pray that the Lord Almighty will bless u more abundantly in Jesus name, amen.
The DV was won by my wife, so she is the Principal applicant while i enjoyed derivative status. I want to state here that, the proof of funds or affidavit of support as sm pple say was not requested at all from us, all they requested for was marriage certificate, medicals, police cert, nysc cert, waec cert, birth cert,vaccine result for my wife being the principal applicant, my own, only photocopy of waec cert, original vaccine result, medicals birth cert, and our passport. No question on proof of funds! I think there is need to pray for a good CO, the one that will favour u.

Here is my experience at the interview. I will try as much to be brief.. We got there on time with all our documents which include the following.
Wife: Original police report, birth cert, wedding cert, waec cert, nysc cert, bsc cert, medicals report, vacciones report , professionals cert, A level cert, but A level cert was returned to us. They requested for a photocopies of all the document collected. They also collcetd a passport photograph with internataional passport.
Myself: original birth cert, police cert, medicals report, vaccines report, a passport photograph with intl paasport and photocopies of waec cert, etc.

we were told to pay non refundable fee of $819* 2=$1,638 at window 21. then we started waiting for like almost 3 hours alot of pple are been denied while some few others are been granted visas. i will state here that, prayer works, some consular officers are very tough wile some are good and friendly. Pls pray for favour. at last we were called to window 16 for real business.

CO: Good morning
We: good morning.
CO raise ur right hand to swear to say the truth
We: we did
finger print were taken.
CO; ur wife is the principal winner so u either go and sit down or stand behind her, ok
We: I would stand
CO; ok
CO; What is ur highest qualification?
my wife: Bsc deqree in bus adm.
CO: How long does it take to finish ur degree
wife: answer
CO what are the courses u offered in the university
wife; financial accounting, cost accounting marketing etc
CO Which one do like most?
wife: marketing
CO; why do like marketing
wife answer
CO, can u tell me title of the project u wrote in ur final year?
wife:answer
CO can u tell me how productivity is achieved by workers motivation, (from the prokect)
wife. answered vry well making reference to maslow theory of needs in relations to workers need to actualised stated objectives.
CO; hw many section do u have in mathematics in ur waec exams
wife: 2 section, 1 theory, other , objectives
CO, when did u married
wife answer
CO. can i see ur wedding pics
I brought out big album containing different ones
CO, asking me, where did u met ur wife
myself: University
CO, so u went to university as well
myself yes
CO what course did u studied
myself, answered
CO, u are eligible for the visas, i will give u, congratulations
CO; who would be coming to pick ur visas
wife; my husband
Co; congratulations again
we. thank you.

He who hath a good works in me will perfect it in Jesus name, amen. Thanks

Great and Thank you for sharing your experience.

@mejemeje and jummy, thanks for ur advice and ur experience sharing.but i want ask, did u bring along ur confirmation of waec or neco results and did they ask of it?then what is vaccine result and where to get it? Then How much did u do ur police report? Thanks.

@mejemeje and jummy, thanks for ur advice and ur experience sharing.but i want ask, did u bring along ur confirmation of waec or neco results and did they ask of it?then what is vaccine result and where to get it? Then How much did u do ur police report? Thanks.

if u have ur certificate u dont need ur statement of result. If u dont have ur certificate u go with ur statement u could get scratch card in case they want to check on line. Vacine result is given to u at the hospital where u do ur medical exams. it is just #21,000 only inclusive of all other tests u will be required to under go. As for me, i paid 24,000 while my wife paid 21,000, i we had to go back after a month for another vacine cos we did our medical early, so they told us to come back provided we are still in the country. Urs might not be more than 21,000. Police certificate id obtained at alagbon in ikoyi lagos. if u are not lagos resident pls find ur way to lagos ask pple to direct u to alagbon in ikoyi for ur certificate, per one person is about 11,000 to 12,000. I hope this helps.

Congratulations!

I always love to read these interview experiences, and from what I have seen, they all last a very short tense moment...to success mainly.

Congratulations people.